Two poor old Jack Russell brothers just want to come home!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
SerenaJoyce

Two poor old Jack Russell brothers just want to come home!!

Post by SerenaJoyce » Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2 dogs named Versace and Armani
Breeds, weight, age: 13 year old Jack Russell terriers, Versace weighs about 35-40 lbs. and Armani weighs about 25-30 lbs.
Health condition: Versace is in poor health but Armani is in pretty good shape.
Heartworm status: Recently tested and heartworm free.
Vaccinations: Current on their vaccinations.
Health certificate:
Spayed/neutered: They have both been neutered.
Special needs: Versace (the fat one) will need to be helped in and out of crates/vehicles.
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Serena Schnebelen, [email protected], 361-749-2210 (Landline)
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Friends for Animals – the Humane Society of Burke County, 828-433-1115, ask for Toni or Teddy
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Serena Schnebelen, [email protected], 361-749-2210 (Landline)
Are you a 501c3: No
Date ready for transport: Immediately
Additional info/situation:

My boys have are brothers from the same litter and have lived together here on our beautiful little island their whole lives. They are inseparable. My ex took them with him when he left for North Carolina. Shortly thereafter, he got arrested and the boys were taken to the local pound. Fortunately the sweet ladies at the humane society there saved them for me. Now I am desperately seeking help in getting them back home. At one point I had a ride for them but it fell through. Versace is arthritic and has limited mobility. Armani has limited intelligence and tends to be spastic and impulsive! LOL! :P But overall they are sweet boys. Lord only knows what they have been through since leaving their home here on the island, so they may be a bit shy at first.

As I mentioned above I live on an island but we do a have a small aircraft airport just on the edge of town. However, if preferred or necessary, I can travel to the nearby Corpus Christi International Airport to pick them up. There are several other airports in the surrounding area as well. Plenty of options.
Attachments
The Boys 3.jpg
Versace and Armani

wamsden

Re: Two poor old Jack Russell brothers just want to come hom

Post by wamsden » Thu May 29, 2014 11:53 am

I live in centeral Louisiana and could take a leg from somewhere in Mississippi to near Houston...
Bill Amsden
318-715-6993

SerenaJoyce

Post by SerenaJoyce » Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much! Now I hope we can get the rest of the trip. And thanks to all of you wonderful people who volunteer!

SerenaJoyce

Post by SerenaJoyce » Thu May 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Again Thank you Bill for your willingness to help! just in case you need it here is the info for the people willing to get them from Atlanta to Mississippi. Ed and Harriet email: [email protected] home phone #404-500-1538 cell #404-991-9800.

SerenaJoyce

Post by SerenaJoyce » Thu May 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Looks like my boys' trip is coming together! Just need from Morganton/Hickory to Atlanta. Hopefully on June 5th or 6th.

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by waderoberts » Thu May 29, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm juggling a lot of transport requests, but, given enough notice and decent weather, I could connect with Bill near Houston and fly the home stretch to Port Aransas.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

wamsden

Post by wamsden » Thu May 29, 2014 11:22 pm

As this trip is coming together I have had something come up that may tie me up for June 7... I can fly the 6th or the 8th. My leg would be from somewhere in Mississippi to Houston or possibly all way to Port A. Hope this is sufficent notice for everyone else to juggle.

Bill Amsden

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by waderoberts » Fri May 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Weather permitting and with notice, I could fly the Houston-Port Aransas leg on 6/6 or 6/8. Just trying to juggle other transport requests for that week, including possibly rescheduling a Houston-Dallas flight Saturday and a Houston-New Orleans flight Sunday due to weather. I'm not yet quite instrument-rated, so I require VFR conditions in order to be able to fly.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

SerenaJoyce

Post by SerenaJoyce » Fri May 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Thank you Bill for the advance notice. Sorry to hear that your weekend with family got derailed. Thank you Wade for your offer. I will let you know if we need you to cover the last leg. I'm still working on the first leg of this long trip home for my boys. God willing we can make it all work out!

wamsden

Post by wamsden » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 am

what is the status of this transfer... I am prepared to fly from Mississippi to Texas this Friday or Sunday..