San Marcos or Carlsbad Palomar,CA to ABQ or Santa Fe,NM

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
omega232devils
Zip Code: 28609
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: NC26
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: San Marcos or Carlsbad Palomar,CA to ABQ or Santa Fe,NM

Post by omega232devils » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:02 pm

I am flexible if we need to push the date.

Dan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Thompson
NC26 - Long Island Airpark, NC

kerrysantafe

Post by kerrysantafe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:29 pm

I contacted the rescue, they will provide a crate. If we can confirm the airport and time he needs to be there for pickup I can let them know so they can make sure they can get him there. Thanks. Kerry

rbartels

Post by rbartels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Perfect thanks Kerry. I'm the last pilot (AZ to NM) so they're not likely to get their crate back. I believe that omega232devils is the originating pilot.

Jekapp can you GEU for the transfer?

omega232devils

Post by omega232devils » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Unfortunately I can not carry a crate big enough for a 50lb German Shepard in my plane so this will have to be coordinated with the 3rd leg pilot and receiving agency.

Dan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Thompson

kerrysantafe

Post by kerrysantafe » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

The crate wont go back to CA, I'm going to reimburse them for the costs. Does the crate issue mean there is no ride from CA to Blythe due to the crate size? Thanks! Kerry

omega232devils

Post by omega232devils » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Unless the crate can be broken down. I will need the size of the crate halves.

If not, you can post another thread requesting a pickup in San Diego to Blythe to see if someone with a bigger cabin can take the crate and dog.

Dan
Dan Thompson

rbartels

Post by rbartels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi KerrySantaFe and all,

Here's the situation as I best understand it:

3 Pilots:
Omega232devils (Dan) will start in CA. Yet-undetermined departure time or airport. jekapp will meet him in Blythe and bring the dog back to Phoenix (hopefully GEU). RBartels (Randy, me) will bring the dog to the ABQ area (AEG or hopefully GNT).

Crate situation:
I need a crate as my FBO won't let me carry animals without one. I'm new with PNP and *hope* that my crate will arrive this week. Omega has a plane that won't allow for an assembled crate. I'm in a Cessna 172 that will allow for up to a 32" crate in the cargo area (allowing for a few inches to put it together back there).

Open questions:
1) Departure time and airport on the originating end. As I'll be making the last and longest leg (3 hrs each way), I'm hoping to be on my way to NM by not later than 9:30. Omega and jekapp can back into their times from there.
2) Crate dimensions and origin. If unassembled Omega and jekapp *might* be able to carry it in their planes. Assembled, it will need to be less than 32 inches deep so I can fit it in the back of the Cessna 172 I rent.
3) Destination airport. SAF adds an hour round trip over Double Eagle (AEG). Grant-Milan would be even better if the receiving party (is that you, KerrySantaFe?) can swing it.

I'll PM everyone with my contact info. Seems like we could nail this down with a couple of phone calls quicker than we could on the forum.

omega232devils

Post by omega232devils » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 am

Randy,
You have it.

1) I can pick up from any San Diego airport. Gillespie (KSEE) is my home airport, so would be easiest. Ramona (RNM), Montgomery(MYF), Oceanside (OKB), Palomar (CRQ), French Valley (F70), etc.

2) Flight to Blythe is just under an hour for me. So jekapp can plan what time we need to meet in order to get to Phoenix before 9:30.

Dan
Dan Thompson

kerrysantafe

Post by kerrysantafe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:46 pm

gentlemen, the rescue said the best airport to pick up would be -Palomar (CRQ). If you want to confirm a time I can let them know what time you're thinking and give them your cell to contact to work out the final drop off details. The contact is Bill Krider, 760-612-9156. For picking him up, I live in Santa Fe, I looked and the Grants airport is 2 hours from me so I can go there and if you just want to call me on Saturday and give me an arrival time I can leave my house accordingly. Also, please confirm if the rescue needs to bring a crate. I was going to pay them for it then donate it to Pilots n Paws or if one of you want it.
Sincerely, Kerry

rbartels

Post by rbartels » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Placed a call into Bill to confirm crate dimensions. As soon as I have that I'll confirm the details. Thanks for volunteering to come down to GNT. If the weather holds, we're considering just spending the night in Santa Fe to take some of the edge off the return flight. Standby on that front...