FILLED 2 bloodhound brothers - SW PA to E. PA 6/16 or after

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

FILLED 2 bloodhound brothers - SW PA to E. PA 6/16 or after

Post by atrulli » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:26 pm

READY TO GO MONDAY afternoon 6/16/14 or after.

Name: Hank and Jake - sweet, kissing brothers..
Number of animals being transported: TWO
Breeds, weight, age: Bloodhound, 105 + 119 - 2 years old
Health Condition: GOOD
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: YES
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: Bonded pair -- bounced a lot since April - farmer was ready to euthanize, a pig went over the chute and chased Hank and Jake, then the boys chased the pig (not hurting him at all), then went to another lady, then went to lady's son who had no fence, then into rescue. It is difficult to place a bonded pair… with the same family.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties:
Sending airport: Preferred - AirNav: KFWQ - Rostraver Airport, but can make KAGC - Allegheny County Airport

Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Jim and Joellen G
Receiving Airport: Pennridge Airport (Airport Identifier: KCKZ or N70)
1100 N Ridge Road
Perkasie, PA 18944
OR Quakertown, PA KUKT

Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Ann T. will provide cell phone numbers and email addresses when this is setup…
Are you a 501c3: yes can provide a letter for your sweet charitable donation

Additional Info/situation: We will make whatever work in airports, times, etc. of course - weather permitting. The adoptive Dad gets off and can meet plane after 3:30 p.m., but will make whatever work. Hank and Jake will be traveling in harnesses that can be attached to the back seat belts. They will be traveling in harness, leash - with their luggage of blanket to cover seat, food to transition them, treats, vet records, etc. and plenty of kisses to go around.

Thank you so much for kind and generous consideration.

Ann T
Attachments
hankjake2.jpg
Last edited by atrulli on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tadbk

Re: 2 kissing bloodhound brothers - SW PA to E. PA 6/16 or a

Post by tadbk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:31 pm

I am a new pilots and paws pilot based out of Pottstown Heritage (KPTW) which is a five minute flight from Pennridge so this would be an ideal first P&P first flight for me. A few caveats though I am still a VFR only pilot (I hope to take my IFR checkride next month) so we would need good weather across the entire state. Also I am a little nervous about having such large dogs in harnesses in the backseat for my first flight but I am planning on arranging for a helper to fly along unless one of the new family would like to fly along to pick them up as I can easily stop at Pennridge first to get them. If another pilot who has less restrictions isn't available to move them before all of my necessary stars align I would love to do this if we can find a day where the weather and schedules cooperate (it's a shame they wouldn't be ready this Sunday as the weather looks great right now).

atrulli

Re: 2 kissing bloodhound brothers - SW PA to E. PA 6/16 or a

Post by atrulli » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:40 am

Thank you so much... yes, this will only happen as weather permitting - across the entire trip .. the family will be out of town until late Sunday night, thus the reason for after that date.

Let me talk to Jo or Jim about going with you... wouldn't this be a super experience for one of them ... I am jealous...

Both boys will be well exercised before getting on board.. plus have motion sickness meds given. Only a couple bloodhounds have stayed awake for the trip, most are snoring by the time the wheels go up...

We can get all the stars aligned... I am sure.. This would be a great trip for you... the bloodhound breed is so docile and loving... we will even send a drool rag with them...

Ann

tadbk

Re: FILLED 2 bloodhound brothers - SW PA to E. PA 6/16 or af

Post by tadbk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Sounds good, let me know if Jo or Jim would like to ride along. If not I will find someone to come along and keep an eye on the weather. I can usually take an afternoon off of work with short notice so hopefully we can get this set up in the near future. I am looking forward to it!

Todd

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi Todd,
I sent you an email... Jim the adoptive Dad is excited to go fetch his boys home...

I can't thank you enough....

Ann

tadbk

Post by tadbk » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi Ann,

I'm not sure what happened but I didn't receive the email. My address is [email protected]. Can you resend it? I'm excited at the prospect of my first (of hopefully many) pilots N Paws flights!

Thanks,

Todd

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks Todd, sent you the email... introducing you to adoptive family and the rescue vet.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Todd picked up the adoptive Dad at Pennridge Airport this a.m., they had to put her down at Altoona, PA due to fog... they finally got on their way again to pick up the twins... and the rest is history...
Attachments
photo1.JPG
149964_903106949704502_8596068929531346086_n.jpg
10472847_903289676352896_6971503201611203707_n.jpg
10363392_903290326352831_8465992306757340088_n.jpg