Springfield, MO to Mt Vernon, IL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
eam
Zip Code: 02906
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Springfield, MO to Mt Vernon, IL

Post by eam » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: English Pointer, 47lb, 2yrs
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: neg
Vaccinations: current
Health certificate: yes
Spayed/neutered: yes
Special needs: none known
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Emily; [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties:
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Pointer Rescue, Org (PRO)
Are you a 501c3: yes
Date ready for transport: 6/21/14
Additional info/situation: This boy is not doing very well in his kennel, he really needs to make it to a foster home!
Last edited by eam on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emily McDonald
Transport Coordinator
Pointer Rescue
pointerrescue.org

Cardinal-Flyer
Zip Code: 65401
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KUBX
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: Springfield, MO to Mt Vernon, IL

Post by Cardinal-Flyer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:16 pm

If weather is good, I can transport the English Pointer on Saturday, June 21. Does he have a crate?

eam

Post by eam » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 am

Thank you!!! He will not have a crate, but he will have a harness and leash with him so can be tethered if needed. He is originating in Fort Gibson, OK, but I have ground transport as far as Springfield for him, I think about the earliest I can get him to Springfield on the 21st would be about 10:45am, does this work for you? Please let me know what you are thinking as far as airports and flight time and I'll work on filling in the rest. Thank you SOOO much!

Emily
Emily McDonald
Transport Coordinator
Pointer Rescue
pointerrescue.org

Cardinal-Flyer

Post by Cardinal-Flyer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 am

We’ll plan to pick up the English Pointer at 11:30AM, June 21, at Springfield Branson Airport. Since this airport is shared with the commercial airlines, Air National Guard and other flight activity, the folks bringing the dog to the airport should make sure they go to the General Aviation Complex, 2801 N. General Aviation Ave, Springfield, MO, 65803, phone number: 417-868-0590.

We should arrive at the Mount Vernon Airport, Mount Vernon, IL, around 2:00PM, June 21. Whoever is picking up the English Pointer should go to SRT Aviation, they are next to the T-Hangars.

I’ll need the names and phone numbers of the folks dropping off and picking up the dog (we can communicate over email the contact information). Let me know if the above arrangements work.

eam

Post by eam » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:43 am

Thank you! I will confirm with everyone that will work and work on one little ground leg down the road from you, but I think there is a very good chance it will work great. Just to be totally clear, would you like me to work the schedule for him to arrive in Springfield at 11:30, or are you planning on departing then? Usually I like to have them to the airport about 30 minutes before schedule so they can find you, get him loaded, etc.

Thank you SO much again, fingers crossed for decent weather. As soon as I have confirmed with everyone I'll email out a run sheet with contact information for everyone.

Can you let me know an email address, cell # and tail # for you? You can email me directly at [email protected] if you would prefer not to post it here. Thank you!

Emily
Emily McDonald
Transport Coordinator
Pointer Rescue
pointerrescue.org

Cardinal-Flyer

Post by Cardinal-Flyer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:36 pm

You did a terrific job lining up the times and locations for moving Salem today. For our pickup, the Springfield Branson Airport welcomed pets, thusly Salem was able to cool off a bit before we loaded, taxied, and departed.

Salem is an excellent flying dog. He laid down and slept most of the way. A few reassuring pats, back rubs, and scratching behind his ears kept him peaceful.

A very nice couple met us at Mount Vernon Airport and Salem moved quickly on to his next transport.

A very nice dog and will make somebody a great pet.

Cardinal Flyer

eam

Post by eam » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Great report, thank you! I'm so very glad you could help us get him moved, he has not been doing well in the rescue kennel, so very glad to see him in a home environment and hopefully adopted soon! We couldn't do it without you, thank you again!
Emily McDonald
Transport Coordinator
Pointer Rescue
pointerrescue.org