DONE - Pit Mix Amaretto and her Pups are SAFE!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

DONE - Pit Mix Amaretto and her Pups are SAFE!!

Post by 747pilot » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:33 am

July 5 2014

Covington, TN

Mission

Fly from Covington, TN to Sherman, TX and fly Amaretto and her pups who had been rescued from a Ft. Worth Animal Shelter "death row" back to Covington, TN.

Flight Plan

I departed Covington Airport , TN on Saturday at 9:15 AM for the 2 hour and 15 minute flight to Sherman, TX where Debbie and Jim Leddon met me with Amaretto and pups. After taking pictures we carefully loaded the dogs in their crates and I departed back for Covington, TN where Dana and crew of Tipton Treasures/ Paws New England would be waiting for my arrivial.

Very Sad Sight

Amaretto is suffering from Demodex Mange. The worst case ,which was left untreated, I have ever seen. Everyone said the same thing!! She had very little hair on her body. I will admit on my way back to Covington while thinking about my passengers, I cried!!

Happy Ending

Amaretto and Pups are now safe and in very good hands with Dana of Tipton Treasures/ Paws New England.

Thanks

Kelly Parker, Dana and crew of Tipton CO Treasures/ Paws New England. They have been rescuing from Tipton County Animal Control since 2008 and have rescued 4000 + dogs. Also, THANK YOU to Deb and Jim Leddon who picked up the dogs and brought them to me at the Sherman Airport. Thanks to, Heather Twisdale and Melony Bennett of Paws and Claws, they have been able to reduce the euthanasia rate at Tipton CO from 85% to 32%. If I were the Mayor of Covington, TN, who is a vet, I would be ashamed!!

JIm Carney
Pilot for Pilots N Paws - TN
Attachments
DSC_0116.JPG
Deb and Jim at Sherman, TX.
DSC_0123.JPG
Amaretto showing her HORRIBLE condition!!
DSC_0133.JPG
Tipton Treasures crew holding one of Amarettos Pups
DSC_0133.JPG (33.35 KiB) Viewed 65 times
DSC_0128.JPG
Dana and crew of Tipton Treasures, Paws New England.

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DONE - Pit Mix Amaretto and her Pups are SAFE!!

Post by waderoberts » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Poor Amaretto!

Bravo, Jim!

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

mydogposse

Post by mydogposse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Happy endings are the best!! Amaretto will get the much needed and care and love she so deserves! She must be a good mother too--her pups look happy and healthy!

Thank you, Jim, for getting them to safety and to ALL the people involved in this rescue! Animal rescuers are the best people ever!

Mala

kesalerno

Post by kesalerno » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Amaretto and her pups are alive only thanks to the incredible work of those at Pilots n Paws and the amazing sacrifice that each of you make to bring these dogs to the places where they can be best cared for. We are exceptionally grateful to Jim for his heroic trip and very much look forward to posting pictures of this beautiful girl when she is completely recovered and adopted by a wonderful home.

Thank you for all you do- this forum is made up of the most exceptional people!

All our thanks,
Kelly Parker
Executive Director
PAWS New England