Transport needed Cincinnati, Oh to Erie, Pa

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktolwinski

Transport needed Cincinnati, Oh to Erie, Pa

Post by ktolwinski » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 pm

On or near Sept. 19, I need two very sweet adult cats transported to Erie Airport in Erie, Pa. These cats were strays facing death if turned into the local shelter, they are not nasty or in anyway feral/wild and will be put up for adoption once they get here. They are currently being cared for and boarded in Cincinnati. They will be receiving medical care during the next two weeks and then will need to be returned to me in Erie, Pa. If there are any local pilots that could assist with this, I would welcome their help. Please call or send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] with any recommendations or offers. Thank you. Kate (For the Love of a Cat Rescue)

CincyPetPilots

Re: Transport needed Cincinnati, Oh to Erie, Pa

Post by CincyPetPilots » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Kate,

Posted a reply here that is the same as our email to you. Covering all communication bases.

Our names are Ann-Janette and Dirk Vander Ende. We've listed AJ as our Pilots n Paws contact regarding email ([email protected]) and emergency contact phone so please try responding to that email and CC me here at [email protected]. AJ is involved with the Dearborn County, IN, PAWS chapter (Partners for Animal Welfare Society of Dearborn County) and has been a volunteer with them for about six years. I am the licensed pilot (also an airline pilot and former US navy pilot) of our four seater Cherokee 160 private airplane and AJ flies with me as a non-pilot co-pilot (perhaps someday to change should she pursue her Private Pilot license). We'd like to get involved with PilotsnPaws and especially this drive to transport 5,000 needy animals.

Is your proposed cat transport to or from a registered 501C3 non-profit organization (for IRS purposes)? If so, would you be willing to give us a receipt for the animals stating we had conducted a charitable mission on behalf of your 501C3? We weren't sure from your post.

You've listed the 19th of September as a possible transport day. Would the cats be ready for transport on the 16th of September? That would be the best day for us as AJ would have to take a day off from work. The 17th is also a possible transport date.

Please reply to us no later than September 4th. If you do not need our assistance we will strive to find another rescue animal to assist on this day.

Regards,

Dirk and AJ

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 am

CincyPetPilots wrote:Hi Kate,

Is your proposed cat transport to or from a registered 501C3 non-profit organization (for IRS purposes)? If so, would you be willing to give us a receipt for the animals stating we had conducted a charitable mission on behalf of your 501C3? We weren't sure from your post.
Regards,
Dirk and AJ
Dirk , AJ and all other pilots! Pilots N Paws is a 501c3 organization. If you complete these rescue animal flights via postings on our board you are permitted to use Pilots N Paws for your charitable donation. I would suggest checking with your tax advisor, of course, to see what deductions you qualify for. I would also suggest printing out copies of your requests and replies that you answer via PNP and perhaps print out the pilots use form on our homepage to keep track of the flights you do and ask the sending and receiving parties to sign them. No need to look for rescue groups who have their 501c3 status, we have done that for you as our appreciation back to pilots!!

Debi Boies/Jon Wehrenberg
Co-founders

ktolwinski

Post by ktolwinski » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Dirk and AJ are wonderful people to jump right in and I would certainly have taken them up on their offer. Unfortunately because of work requirements and the fact that I need to be there this time, the transport can only occur on the weekends and Dirk and AJ need to do a weekday flight for animals.

If there are any pilots that can do the flight on Sept. 13th, or 19th or 20th., Please let me know. I need to know prior to this Thursday so that I can arrange a ground transport if I am not able to find a pilot. Thank you so much for all that you do.

You can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank you so much
Kate Tolwinski
For the love of Cats
814-622-1006

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:53 am

If there are any pilots that can do the flight on Sept. 13th, or 19th or 20th., Please let me know. I need to know prior to this Thursday so that I can arrange a ground transport if I am not able to find a pilot. Thank you so much for all that you do.
You can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected].
Thank you so much
Kate Tolwinski
For the love of Cats
814-622-1006[/quote]

Hi Kate,

NOT singling you out here but you gave me the perfect platform to use to help others in rescue learn a little bit more about general aviation pilots and what to expect when you ask for a transport.

Just a quick note to those of you requesting flights for your animals in need. If you are asking for a specific day and time, chances are you will likely not be able to complete your request. Here is why. General Aviation pilots are controlled by weather and monitor it very closely. When they give you a day they can help you with your flight, you need to do your best to move heaven and earth to be there or search and find someone else who can meet them for you. This is where flying these animals differs greatly from ground transport.

Those of us in rescue who are accepting these more the generous offers from pilots are the ones who need to go the extra mile. General aviation is a remarkable way to move our animals and we need to educate ourselves on the workings of it and do our best to accomodate the pilots. I felt it was important to share this information with you so that you can look at these offers from the perspective of what a pilot faces. I have learned alot about GA, am still learning and happy to share the little I do know!

Thanks
Debi

Desmoss

Post by Desmoss » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:41 am

Kathy,
I've now got a transfer to Akron / Buffalo area on Sunday, 9/14... we can move the transfer forward from the 13th. I'll copy this to both private e-mails as well. Please send confirmation when you recieve.

Mike

[email protected]