Done 11 ten wk. Catahoula Pups & Mom after 9/11 GA - CA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Carrelabs

Done 11 ten wk. Catahoula Pups & Mom after 9/11 GA - CA

Post by Carrelabs » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:46 am

Hi! I am looking to bring out 11 Catahoula pups and their mom from a small town in GA, where neither the pups or mom have much of a chance for adoption, out here to Northern CA. They are coming from Laurie Montfort in GA who rescues these poor animals all the time in GA. Laurie works very hard getting these dogs and puppies into rescues in other areas where they will find loving homes where they are wanted. I know it is a very long ways but sure hoping someone can help me figure out a route we can break up into 300 - 400 legs. All suggestions, help and offers greatly appreciated. You can check out my website and what I do at http://www.carrelabs.petfinder.com I have been rescuing dogs and puppies from the South for almost 8 years now and am very successful in finding wonderful homes for these poor babies that have had the misfortune to be born in an area where they are not valued very much. Thank you so much, Marjorie Mullan of CARRE

Here is two of the puppies.

Attachments
Black Male White Spot on Chest.JPG
Black Male White Spot on Chest.JPG (34.98 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Last edited by Carrelabs on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 11 ten wk. Catahoula Pups & Mom anytime after 9/11 GA - CA

Post by skyking » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:18 am

What part of GA are the pups in? I will be flying to Tulsa,OK around the 14th or 15th of this month and will be flyng over the southwest corner of GA. (Tallahassee, FL to Montgomery, AL).You could either find a pilot to continue the trip from Tulsa or a locate foster home until you can find the next pilot. The PNP web board has quite a listing of foster homes around the country.
I can't answer for the pilot that I am meeting up with, but they may be able to get the pups down to Dallas. If any of this works for you, let me know and I will contact the Dallas pilot.

Jeff
305-797-6356

Carrelabs

Post by Carrelabs » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:19 am

The pups and mom are near the Columbus airport which is east of Montgomery. Hope this helps I am the rescue in CA so not too familiar with GA. If you could contact the pilot in Tulsa and see if he can take them to Dallas that would be awesome!! I can then work on Dallas to CA. Thank you so much for your offer and I hope we can make this work. I will try to call you tomorrow. My cell phone is 707-972-3760 just remember I am 3 hours behind you in time. :D Thank you , thank you thank you!! Margie

tennisdogs

Post by tennisdogs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Hello,

Byrne Here,

I'm in Carthage Texas and fly out of Marshall TX (kasl) and can make a short leg over to Dallas or even further west if Jeff does not want to divert all the way to Dallas. Marshall is in the far Northeast corner of texas (40 miles west of Shreveport) which would cut a lot of flight time off your flight if Jeff is headed to Tulsa. Let me know. PS, I'm flying a rented 172 but 11 pups and mom should fit ok. What size are the carriers?

Byrne

davidanthonyfreedman

Post by davidanthonyfreedman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 am

I will be in Las Vegas, NV over the weekend of 9/11-13. I can fly a leg from LV to northern or souther california.