DONE - Doxie X Puppy needs to get to Wisconsin

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
AnnaEherenman

DONE - Doxie X Puppy needs to get to Wisconsin

Post by AnnaEherenman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:55 am

This little boy was pulled from Gaston County Animal Control on the day he was to go to the gas chamber. He is being fostered now by Jessica in Newton, NC but we need to get him to Wisconsin, to Crawford Area Shelter for Animals, a no-kill, all volunteer rescue organization. A foster person is already arranged. I have posted his information below.

Passenger 1

NAME:
BREED: doxie

SEX: male
SIZE/WEIGHT: 7 lbs
SPAY/NEUTERED: no
SHOT UTD:
RABIES VACCINE AND TAG: Had basic shots at AC, no paperwork
SPECIAL NEEDS: None
DOES THE DOG RIDE WELL IN A CAR:
ADDITIONAL INFO:
ITEMS PROVIDED: Collar, Leash
food, water
ITEMS NEEDED:
REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Transport to approved rescue

I have never used your transport before so I hope I am not missing anything but if you need more information you can contact Jessica at [email protected] or me at [email protected]. If you can fit another dog on the flight, I would be happy to start looking for a rescue to take another one :D .

Thanks a lot,

Anna
Last edited by AnnaEherenman on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbanks

Re: Doxie X Puppy needs to get to Wisconsin

Post by cbanks » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi Anna,
My name is Chris. I can fly out of the Lincoln County Airport in Lincolnton, NC (KIPJ). I can only fly a part of the leg. But so i can get some more pilots to see if they will join on the the other legs, where in Wisconsin does Doxie need to go?

AnnaEherenman

Post by AnnaEherenman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:08 am

THANKS! I am in Madison and can get him to La Crosse, where he will be fostered with Crawford Area Shelter for Animals. You can read a little about CASA at Petfinder at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WI79.html . We don't usually have room for dogs outside our area but I have been trying to find places for a few at CASA and other non-profit shelters because Gaston County puts down so many animals (600-800/month from what I hear) in their gas chamber.

I could also drive to Milwaukee, WI or Rockford, Ill to pick him up if that would make it easier.

Anna

blueliner

Post by blueliner » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:37 pm

If someone can get him to somewhere in northern Indiana, I can fly him the rest of the way to Madison, WI. I'm available Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this week.

N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by N60046 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Chris,

If you can fly to somewhere close to KPKB I sholuld be able to fly to Northern Ind. for a relay.
John
KPKB

Debi
Co-founder
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by Debi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Just a thought for you all, and truly I am not trying to make your flights more complicated, but just possibly there are other pups along the way who may need to go the the direction you are headed for each leg or on your return legs?

If you can save multiple pets during one flight all the better?

This doxie is just a little guy, so there would be room for another pup as well. I am sending Chris is crate tomorrow.....maybe I should send two!!

Debi

blueliner

Post by blueliner » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 pm

This sounds good to me. I can fly from KDPA, just west of Chicago, go to say Porter County or South Bend Indiana to pick up the puppy, fly north to Madison, WI to deliver and then back to KDPA. I'll take as many as I can fit in my C172. As I said, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday this week, weather permitting.

(630) 921-9663

AnnaEherenman

Post by AnnaEherenman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Should I see if I can find another rescue in the area to take one of the other dogs from Gaston County Animal Control??

Anna

Debi
Co-founder
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by Debi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:22 pm

What I often do when scheduling a transport with this many parties involved is create a private email where all the parties are copied together and finalize our plans from there. In the email I include the people bringing and picking up the pups and all the pilots. Using the board is fine, not a problem, but I would hate for one of the parties to perhaps miss a post. Just a suggestion from my past experience.

Debi

AnnaEherenman

Post by AnnaEherenman » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 pm

This is the information I have so far. This is my first long distance transport and my first air transport so let me know if I am missing something but it looks like we still need the date(s), times, meetup details, and the Northern Indiana Airport meeting point.

Chris – Lincoln County Airport, Lincolnton, NC (KIPJ) to Parkersburg, WV, USA (KPKB)
Available dates - Friday
John - Parkersburg, WV, USA (KPKB) to Northern Indiana (Airport to be determined)
Available dates - to be determined
Scott – Northern Indiana to Madison
Available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday

Let me know if you have two crates and I will see what I can do to find another rescue with room for someone :D

Thanks again,

Anna