DONE! One lab, SC (or Charlotte, NC) to Ridgewood, NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
k9crazy

UPDATE: Oct 3/4: One lab, SC (or Charlotte, NC) to Ridgewood

Post by k9crazy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:42 pm

This is to try to summarize what I can glean from the various posts and private emails I have received and answered.

1) At this point, I'm trying for a Sunday flight (Oct. 4).

2) CleoBen is available Sunday and willing to fly from southern MD (KMFU) or thereabouts north to approximately Old Bridge, NJ. He needs to leave no later than noon.

3) Thank you, Brian (tunnelrat83) for your offer to fly a leg with Candy. But, as I noted in an earlier email to you, it doesn't make sense for me to drive Candy 3 hours west so you can fly her east to Greensboro, NC.

4) Bill/clay2000nc can fly from south of Raleigh/Durham (Johnson County) to somewhere in Virginia. If he can fly as far as KMFU, I could drive Candy to Johnson County to meet him.

5) A pilot going by AlConn was mentioned in one email I received. I'm sorry, I don't see any postings from him or her in this request, so don't know what role he/she was proposing to play.

6) If there is anyone else out there willing and able to fly Sunday from an airport in a city in the lower half of NC along the I-95 corridor as far north as KMFU, please let us hear from you!

Thank you, all. Hoping we can pull this together for Sunday.

Sandra, Save the Strays

k9crazy

UPDATE Oct 3/4: One lab, SC (or Charlotte, NC) to Ridgewood,

Post by k9crazy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:26 pm

As of 1 p.m. Saturday (10/3) it looks as though we have a go for Sunday.

At this point, I am planning to drive Candy to Smithfield, NC to put her on the first leg of her flight. That's about a four-hour drive - which is do-able, but if there is a pilot closer to me (e.g., Florence, SC on up the I-95 corridor) who can take her to KJNX (Smithfield, NC), it would be a big help.

Clay2000nc will fly Candy from KJNX to KYKX, leaving around 10 a.m.

CleoBen will fly Candy from KYKX to Old Bridge, NJ (sorry - don't have the airport letters), where Candy will be picked up by her adopters. He needs to leave no later than noon.

Again, if anyone can fly Candy from Florence, SC or slightly north of that to KJNX, please call Sandra at 843-334-8427 right away. I'll also be checking email ([email protected]) and this board, but a call would be fastest and most appreciated.

Thank you, everybody!