San Antonio to Pennsylvania - Retire military dog

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dmassafl

San Antonio to Pennsylvania - Retire military dog

Post by dmassafl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:05 am

From Nedra Dugan
I have a verified transporter that is willing to pick up a German Sheppard for me (he is a retired military dog). His name is Derrick and he only has about 8 months left to live. I have offered to open my heart and home to make him as happy as possible for the time he has left. The nurse who is a transporter can pick Derrick up in San Antonio and get him to his next stop. I live in Pennsylvania and am willing to meet along the way. He has served his country and deserves special attention. If you can help me Please call me.
Nedra Dugan
Administrative Assistant
PA House of Representatives
Room 129, Main Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
717-787-2583 - phone
717-787-4990 - fax
Or e-mail me. (I don’t see it on the weekend)
[email protected]

nick stevens

Re: San Antonio to Pennsylvania - Retire military dog

Post by nick stevens » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:12 am

Where in PA? I could fly a leg from New Market Va, 8w2. Nick

dmassafl

Re: San Antonio to Pennsylvania - Retire military dog

Post by dmassafl » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Nick,
I received word from Nedra on Thursday that something worked out. I don't know if it was a pilot with Pilot-n-Paws or not but I so glad this boy with be transported to her next week!
Here's her e-mail to me on Thursday, 10/15/2009

Dave,
Got word yesterday that I can get Derrick here from San Antonio on the 23rd! Another person will be there to pick up a dog and agreed to get Derrick on the plane too. I am glad it is set, little salty but I have a definite time and date now.
I will keep your information as I will be adopting another MWD when my Derrick crosses his last rainbow. THANK YOU so much for all your help. And thanks to all the other people you work with willing to help our 4 legged friends.
He is actually coming up on Continental Airlines :^( There is a girl from here where I live going down to pick up another MWD so He has to travel commercial and has a pretty long layover in Cleveland. But Jennifer – who lives up here is will to pick him up and take him to the hotel with her and her new dog and then get him to the airport for me. And I do want to get him here as soon as I can. But I will be getting another MWD in the future to be sure. This is a very rewarding thing for me.
Nedra

dmassafl

Re: UPDATE - San Antonio to Pennsylvania - Retire military dog

Post by dmassafl » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 am

Dave,
Just an update there is a pilot picking up Derrick and Fritz (also coming to HBG) on Sat morning in Texas to fly them direct so they will be here at their new homes. I thank you so much for all of the help. I am not sure who to contact to let this information get onto pilots for paws so everyone knows they have a ride and will be here – happy – and loved.

Thank you so very much for everything

Nedra Dugan
Administrative Assistant
PA House of Representatives
Room 129, Main Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
717-787-2583 - phone
717-787-4990 - fax