Done 5 Dachshunds from Garland, TX 75040 to Fulton, NY 13069

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
rachel

Done 5 Dachshunds from Garland, TX 75040 to Fulton, NY 13069

Post by rachel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 am

I have just gotten word of 4 Dachshund Puppies and their Farther are being rehomed, the owner has told us that they were 8weks old ut after paying for the vet cost on these guys the vet has said hat they are 3-4 months old and not the 8 weeks that the owner keeps saying. These babies are being kept in a outside dog run but you can tell that they are being looked after if the people didnt know how old they were and in the pics I have gotten the water is in an old green grown bowl. Please if you can help these guys out there is 4 Pups weighing between 8.6 to 7.2 lbs anad their dad is going into the vet today so I will have that info shortly.

Please if you can help them out by flying them out or if you can help out by Fostering them till I can get the transport together that would be a good help also
Thank you for any help
Rachel
DASH Rescue
Last edited by rachel on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

watson14
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 5 Dachshunds from Garland, TX 75040 to Fulton, NY 13069

Post by watson14 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:38 pm

This is a long way to go for these little guys. It would be best if you could arrange a direct flight, either commercial or larger GA aircraft. However, I am available to take the first leg from Dallas to Little Rock or Tulsa.

I am based in Addison, TX.

John Watson
[email protected]

rachel

Post by rachel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:41 pm

I have gotten more info on the Dad I have been told that he is Heart Worm POS so he really needs to get to us so that we can get him started on his treatments

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm

A commercial flight is going to be your best shot. If not, you'll need to have a foster home at each drop-off/pick-up locations because they can be delays because of rain and other issues and the pilot can't be stranded at an airport with dogs and nowhere for them to go.

Good luck.

rachel

Post by rachel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:32 pm

I have been working on that also so far I have a few contacts in the Little rock area that would be willing to help out so I just need to know where the other stops may be

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:07 pm

You're talking over 1300 miles so that's about 9 pilots doing it this way and 9 foster homes. The only way it will work is it you put them on a commercial airline. I've done transports using 4 pilots and for the weather to cooperate for all 4 typically doesn't work, especially in the winter.

I don't know the name they use, but there are 18 wheeler drivers that do cross country trips and you might find one that can help. There are also paid land transports, but I think going with a commercial flight would be about the same cost and awhole lot quicker.

Carrelabs

Post by Carrelabs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 am

You might want to try Peterson Transport. They are awesome to work with and do a great job. Their link is https://www.petsllc.org/index.php Good luck! Margie with CARRE