URGENT - American Eskimo Needs Transport to St. Louis

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jinglesjingles2

URGENT - American Eskimo Needs Transport to St. Louis

Post by jinglesjingles2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Dillion, an American Eskimo, needs transport to St. Louis, Missouri (FROM TUSCUMBIA, ALABAMA). He would be put to sleep if we do not rescue him. Please help if you can. He is a young good dog and deserves to live. THANK YOU.

RShuey

Re: URGENT - American Eskimo Needs Transport to St. Louis

Post by RShuey » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:30 pm

I may be able to help but am in a spot with timing. I am going out of town for the next two weeks so won't be able to make a flight until after the 6th of December. If you still are looking at that time, contact me and I will work up a flight plan for it. Hopefully that is not too long of a wait for our little friend.

jinglesjingles2

Post by jinglesjingles2 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:06 am

Thank you very much for your reply!! Dec. would be next Sunday and that may work. We moved him to the vet's office in Tuscumbia, AL, and I will keep him there now until I can move him. The volunteers there can get him to Nashville, Tenn., but then I would have to get him from Nashville to St. Louis. He is safe for now. Let me know would you come into Spirit or Lambert? I think we could wait until Dec. 6; do you know if it would be much later than that? Thank you very much! Sandy Michael, http://www.eskierescuestl.org

RShuey

Post by RShuey » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:40 pm

I get back into town the 4th of Dec and will be available after that for a few days for a flight. I may have to go out of town the following week again so we will have a three to five day window in which to get it done. I would definitely fly into the Spirit of St Louis Airport or maybe another local one if available - Lambert is too big for my taste and plane. One kicker - I am a VFR pilot only which means that I can only fly in clear weather. It has to be nice all the way there for the entire day so that I can make it up and back in the day. I can't fly in cloudy or rainy weather. I'll keep checking and watching to see if we can get an opportunity to make this happen or if you find another volunteer sooner. Also, one question - how big is the dog. I'm not worried about the weight for the trip but would worry about how big the cage is. I have a small four-place plane and would need to ensure that I can get a cage into the back seat for the trip.

z4t143
Zip Code: 63376
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M71
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by z4t143 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:46 am

I may be able to help this week if the Eskimo boy can be moved to Nashville for pick-up. Let me know if you still need help.

Thx
Dave
Dave Zilz
St. Peters, MO
Mooney N1948Y @ M71
[email protected]

RShuey

Post by RShuey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I still should be available this weekend or early next week if you have not filled this one yet. I am watching the weather and it is looking iffy but just wanted to check to see if you are still looking for a trip for our little friend.

p47Lucky
Zip Code: 42701
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KEKX

Post by p47Lucky » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:23 pm

I might be able to help on Friday the 4th if you can get the dog from Nashville to KEKX. I can get him into Illinois, the Mount Vernon area. If the weather holds. This time of year weather is always a concern. Any idea on his weight?
Roy Cantrall
N9482W
PA28/235
IFR

z4t143
Zip Code: 63376
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: M71

Post by z4t143 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:47 pm

We completed this mission on Friday, 27 Nov. I think the closeout is listed in the DONE folder.

Thanks for the offer,
Dave
Dave Zilz
St. Peters, MO
Mooney N1948Y @ M71
[email protected]