CANCELED Albequerque NM to central NJ

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MidABHR
Zip Code: 07882
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

CANCELED Albequerque NM to central NJ

Post by MidABHR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:50 pm

The New Mexico to New Jersey proposed air transport has been canceled.
I've arranged a ground transport for Luke to come out to his forever home. The Kentucky puppy is another matter. We're still coordinating that effort separately. I am in communication with two pilots who have graciously offered to assist in that transport.

Thanks to all of you who offered to help fly Luke - our rescue is truly grateful for your willingness, time, and consideration. Safe flying.
**************************************************************************************************

Our basset hound rescue has agreed with a NM basset rescue to take a puppy who is about 4-5 months old - completely up-to-date with his shot series and has a health certificate for interstate transport. We originally were going to drive him via a transport set up for a 4-day series of people driving him from NM to Clinton, NJ some time in the next two weeks; however, would like to explore the possibility of getting this little guy out here via air. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Sante Fe/Albuquerque to Amarillo
MARK - AVAILABLE 1/24

Amarillo to Tulsa:
MIKE - are you available?

Tulsa to Memphis:
Need pilot

Memphis to Lexington, Ky
Need pilot

Lexington to West Virginia/Western PA:
GARRETT - are you available???

Western PA to Somerset,NJ:
JULIA
Last edited by MidABHR on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mikegray

Re: Albequerque, NM to either Allentown, PA or central NJ

Post by mikegray » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I might be able to help part of the way. I'm in Fort Worth, Texas. Call me this weekend at (469) 386-7385, or send me an email at [email protected].
Last edited by mikegray on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickF

Post by RickF » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:57 pm

I might be able to help on a leg from midwest to PA (I am based in Columbus, OH). If you were to get multiple legs together - don't forget to arrange for temporary boarding in case of weather!

julia

Post by julia » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 pm

I can provide transport from mid PA to New Jersey...Contact me on this website...

cowboyofthesky

Post by cowboyofthesky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm

can provid transport from anywhere in ohio to mid west pa based out of washington kafj. fri or weekends only

Garrett Page
[email protected]
724-825-6444

cowboyofthesky

Post by cowboyofthesky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Hey RickF if you extend your leg west and I extend mine east that might work even better if we can get this to go through.
Garrett

cowboyofthesky

Post by cowboyofthesky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:28 pm

what does everyone think about this-

in regard to the Albequerque, NM to either Allentown, PA or central NJ- trip. If rick can extend his leg west and end somewhere in south western pa I can take him to the western part of PA. If the dog needs to go to NJ then mabe Julia can meet me in mid or western pa and take the trip from there

Garrett
Last edited by cowboyofthesky on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

julia

Post by julia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Garrett,

Is the first part of the leg taken care of? Tell me the place in PA and I will confirm whether or not I can do the trip. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Julia

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

READ PLEASE! Albequerque, NM Allentown, PA or central NJ

Post by admin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi all,

I am thrilled with all the new pilots and other volunteers who have made the decision to jump in here and make a difference so thank you!! I have been busy answering hundreds of wonderful emails from folks all over the country and am just now getting back to being at a point where I can read the board again :D

Long distance requests have been discussed by various members here and by those who have participated in multi-leg flights either as a pilot or from a rescue perspective. There is much to consider if you make the personal decision to be a part of this type of transport.

We need to remember that this is a learning process for all of us. Rescues are used to dealing with ground transports which have several legs of travel scheduled. Yes, these are often long and tedious trips BUT it is not as big of a conflict if one person is running late or a thunderstorm pops up, etc. Often times they just call the next person in line via their cell phone and let them know they will be 30 minutes late or so.

With pilots and rescues working together for distances as far as this request it gives us pause. This is a self run board and each pilot and rescue make their own decisions. However there are things you all need to consider.

What if one of the pilots has a mechanical issue at the last minute and cannot meet the pilot who is scheduled to arrive in five minutes? What if an unexpected weather front comes through? Where would the animals be taken to, who would care for them, who is there to help out that pilot? We have seen a long distance transport where a leg of the flight was delayed due to a late start and the last pilot in the leg ended up having to spend the night. These are all things you need to consider. I have watched pilots on transports via flightaware and seen them turn back to base for whatever reason. It was a good reason and always erring on the side of safety first!

If you choose to do a multi leg flight then I highly suggest that rescues find acceptable and approved emergency temporary fosters for these animals along the entire route and imparticular at each end point for transfer. Then if a pilot needs help, someone can be called. Please consider these points and discuss with each other what you would do if something changes along the route to interfere with the transport.

Thanks for listening,
Debi

cowboyofthesky

Post by cowboyofthesky » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:19 pm

No I do not think the first part of the leg is taken care of --- at least I think I am not the coordinator. One thing I need to get an answer about is where is the dog going? New Jersey or Allentown? I will try emailing the coordinator. If I start at Washington Pa AFJ then I could land some where around Lancaster pa or Gettysburg but if I need to extend my leg west I will have to fall short of those towns.

So in conclusion we need to find out if the first leg is taken care of or can we get the dog to OHIO after that you and I can work out where our legs join. If weather gets bad I can foster the pup for a few days.

Garrett