Puppies needing transport

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jeansexauer

Puppies needing transport

Post by jeansexauer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:37 pm

We have been trying to get these puppies to Washington Pennsylvania from Chickamuga Georgia for a couple of weeks now. They have been put into foster care to save their lives but as long as they are in foster care others are stuck in the shelters being PTS. I can take up to 20 puppies for this shelter if transportation can be arranged. If there are pilots that can work together on legs of this transport to get these kids to safety so others can be saved that would be great. You can call me anytime at 724-225-9898 and I can get you the volunteer coordinating the rescue in Georgia.

Thank you
Jeannie Sexauer
Puppy Connection Rescue
Last edited by jeansexauer on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidtg

Re: Puppies needing transport

Post by davidtg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi, all --

Woo hoo; things are getting rolling. Some of these ave been adopted out (yay!), and we have 5 down here with us while 2 are in foster care up in the mountains taking a few days to prove that they're healthy. Now it's time to start organizing pilots for the relay :-)

Laura and I should be able to take all 7 of these as far as Greenville or just MAYBE Charlotte, but we need pilots for the rest of the trip. There are also many more healthy puppies in foster care there whose spaces could be filled by those too young or unhealthy to make a trip, so if there's anyone else who can swing by Chattanooga to pick them up for the first leg please shout out.

Send email to Jeannie or to me so that we see you, as well as replying here if you wish (but I, like many, don't get to read in a timely manner).

Happy New Year

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!

The weather looks pretty good through Wednesday or so. Can we put together a trip?

We can definitely take the 5 we have and *might* be able to take the two more of which we know, plus there are many more healthy pups in foster care whose spaces could then be filled by others not yet healthy enough for travel. If anyone can head up from Chattanooga please chime in.

See you in the air!

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:53 am

Hi, all --

We're still sitting on 5 puppies here in Atlanta and 2 more in Chattanooga of the original dozen + the many more in foster care around the shelter. I'm having trouble partnering up with someone to get them (even just these 5 or 7) the last part of the way.

If you are or know a pilot in the mid-Atlantic or northeast, please have a look!

TIA & Happy New Year

davidtg

Post by davidtg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi again, everyone --
davidtg wrote:We're still sitting on 5 puppies here in Atlanta and 2 more in Chattanooga of the original dozen + the many more in foster care around the shelter.
Great news -- the 5 Atlanta pups are scheduled for a ride on Saturday and Sunday, and it looks like we're getting together the pieces for a large run for the rest in the next few weeks! :-)

Happy New Year