Done!!! Service dog transport: Albany, NY to Spokane, WA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Service_Dog_Handler

Done!!! Service dog transport: Albany, NY to Spokane, WA

Post by Service_Dog_Handler » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am

Wes Hixon is an Iraqi veteran. He is a 24 year old kid who lost the use of his legs in Iraq. We have seen him struggle, having to depend on his mom for help and wanted to do something about it. We suggested a service dog for Wes in the hope that he would gain the independence both Angie and I did with our service dogs. To get a program trained dog, it starts out at $2,800 and goes up from there. A fully complete dog is worth about $20,000. You can read about Wes' story at http://www.pfcweshixon.com.

Disabled veterans do not have that kind of money. So we started this project to raise the money for the dog, and now the airfare. We got donated the $900 for the dog which was a discount because this breeder usually gets $2000+ for her dogs. Although it is not a rescue, it is a great investment because responsible breeders know their heritage and breed for things like temperment, health, and this dog in particular comes from working bloodlines.

Service dogs do not fly underneath the plane on commercial planes. They fly in the cabin with the disabled. If you have done rescue long enough, I am sure you know that unless it is 45 degrees or better most airlines will not let a dog go under the plane.

So that brings us to the transportation part. The service dog is in Albany, NY. Wes is in Spokane, WA. We need to get the German Shepard to WA. Can anyone help?
Last edited by Service_Dog_Handler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Service_Dog_Handler

Re: Dog Location: Albany, NY Destination: Spokane, WA

Post by Service_Dog_Handler » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Forgot to add my contact information:

Heather Fall
509-842-4380
509-892-2170
[email protected]

Service_Dog_Handler

Done!!!! Service dog transport: Albany, NY to Spokane, WA

Post by Service_Dog_Handler » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks to Brent Hill, we have a flight to go retrieve Meina and give her to Wes. We can not thank you enough. You are just awesome.