DONE ------Big Spring Texas to Live Oak County, Texas

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MelA
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE ------Big Spring Texas to Live Oak County, Texas

Post by MelA » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:04 pm

Chloe has an adopter waiting for her and she's a very special minpin to a lot of us. She was pulled from a local shelter and she was full of mange, sores, hairless, infection...extreme obesity...nails that could rip you open...but HW negative..go figure! She had pounds and pounds of bladder stones that would've killed her in a very short time. She's healthy once again, and we just love Chloe! Because she needs to be on special food because of her stones, it's been difficult to find just the right adopter, but this sounds perfect. Chloe is the most deserving little girl I know of. The other one is Jazzy and just needs to go to a new foster home.

We would like to try to get them to Kingsville Jan 2 thru Jan 9.
Thanks
Last edited by MelA on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wacarlton

Re: 2 Minpins -- Big Spring Texas to Kingsville Texas

Post by wacarlton » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi, I had an Angel flight mission cancel this afternoon. I might be able to take this mission tomorrow. Can you call me at 817-491-2727 ASAP?

Best regards,
will

Garrad

Post by Garrad » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:37 pm

I replied to your e-mail, but am responding to this as well. I will be available Saturday the 7th if you still need this transport. Please contact me via e-mail or PM.

Thanks.

MelA

Post by MelA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:50 pm

The person that is going to adopt Chole, had a death in the family, their mother/mother in law passed away yesterday morning, so the best time for the transport will be after Jan 6.

Garrad

Post by Garrad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Mel,

I have sent you an e-mail, but for planning sakes, here is what I am proposing:

This is my proposed schedule and is only a wag at this point (mainly due to lack of wind forecast data). I will be able to get a more precise idea Friday evening, but I have built in some extra time (on my part) so that I will be able to meet these times within about a 30 minute window.

Arrival at the Big Spring/McMahon-Winkle Airport 11 AM (I have scheduled 30 minutes for fuel/loading/etc at Big Spring)
Depart Big Spring Airport 11:30 AM
Arrive Cleburg County Airport 3:00 PM

One thing that may create a delay (about 30 minutes) is if I need to stop for fuel between Big Spring and Cleburg County. I have about 4 hours of "comfortable" fuel range, so if the winds are particularly strong from the south, I will have to stop for gas. I should be able to make a better guess Friday evening.

If this suits both ends of the transfer, let me know. At this point, I will consider it a GO.

MelA

RE: 2 Minpins -- Big Spring Texas to ???

Post by MelA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Garrad,
Only one dog will be able to make the trip, the other person cannot make it on that date, a change in plans. The person adopting Chloe is still a go.
But we were wondering if you could go into
8T6 Live Oak County Airport
George West, Texas, USA
Instead of all the way to Kingsville ???
If not that is fine, the adopter will have to drive 1 ½ hours to get to the airport at Kingsville, but they are so thankful, you are willing to do this, they want to do what is easiest for you.

Thanks
Mel Allen