DONE! Lab Mix from Northern NJ to Nankucket, MA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
schicky7

DONE! Lab Mix from Northern NJ to Nankucket, MA

Post by schicky7 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi, I am trying to get Mattie, a Lab / Shepard mix from South Orange, NJ to Nankucket, MA. Our shelter is close to several small airports including Essex County Airfield in Caldwell and Teterboro. We can easily bring Mattie to either airport are ready to go whenever possible.

I volunteer at the Jersey Animal Coalition, which is a very crowded no-kill shelter. We have over 45 dogs and can't fit anymore. The MSCPA shelter in Nantucket has agreed to take one of our older dogs as they have excess space. Nantucket has it's own small airport & my contact will be able to pick up the dog.

My name is Michael Schickram and I can be reached at 973-650-9042 or [email protected]. My contact in Nantucket is Stephanie Henke. Her phone number is 508-825-2287 and her e-mail is [email protected].

And, this is a link to Mattie's petfinder.com profile. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... id=7411489

Thanks, Mike
Last edited by schicky7 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pharris

Re: Lab Mix from Northern NJ to Nankucket, MA

Post by pharris » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Mike,
I would be happy to give Mattie a ride to Nantucket, I just need to locate a carrier. I am new to PNP just having heard about the program last week so I am just getting set up. I measured my airplane yesterday and took the back seats out to make more room. Assuming I can get a carrier this week, I would be able to make the trip this weekend 1/10 or 1/11(weather permitting). I'll let you know how I make out with the carrier and then we can make plans from there. Of course if you find someone else to make the trip just let me know.
Thanks
Pete Harris
[email protected]

schicky7

Post by schicky7 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Pete - thanks so much for your interest. I'm new to PNP, too. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 973-650-9042 if you have any questions or more info on your availability.

Thanks, Mike

Krista & Chris Allan

Post by Krista & Chris Allan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:09 pm

My husband and I could assist either early on Saturday or anytme Sunday to Nantucket. We're in Plymouth, MA.

Email me at [email protected] and copy my husband Chris [email protected] since he's the expert.