**CANCELLED** thank you guys HUNTER to his forever home!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

**CANCELLED** thank you guys HUNTER to his forever home!!

Post by Liza007 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:29 am

Hunter the German Shorthaired Pointer is currently in rescue and while he is very happy to be safe from the shelter, he would LOVE to have a couch to call his own.

We have a new family that is just dying to meet Hunter and provide that couch so it's time that he find a ride to his new family and forever home to start a new chapter of his life!

50 LBS, current on all vaccinations/rabies/ neutered, health cert provided.

Leg #1 KMLE to KMCK, McCook NE NEEDED (zip code 69001)

Leg#2 KMCK to KAPA, Denver, CO (zip code 80123) filled thank you

He is going to be calling home in Fairplay, CO so if we can get him to any of the airfields in the surrounding area, that would be great.

Hunter will be ready to go to his new (approved) forever home mid-late March, but we wanted to get started NOW arranging the HOW!

Please email me at [email protected] and refer to Hunter in the subject line (I don't always get notice of replies here)

Thank you so much for your consideration, and thank you for choosing rescue!
Liz
Last edited by Liza007 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gimble

Re: GSP to finally go home to his forever home!! (Mid March)

Post by Gimble » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:11 pm

I've been looking at the maps. I'd like to suggest that you talk to the new family and see if they're willing to come down out of the mountains (either Colorado Springs or Denver) to pick up Hunter at an airport that's not in the mountains. Doing so may increase the number of pilots willing to participate in the last leg, as not all aircraft (or pilots) can comfortably deal with the extra challenges associated with mountain flying.

The second thought I would have would be to investigate splitting the flight into two legs. 400+ nm ( KMLE in SW Omaha to KAPA in Denver ) for most planes is going to be a very long day. The planes I normally fly (which are probably representative of many small planes) would fly the trip in 3:15 to 4:30 without winds. You can see that those times, when doubled for a return trip, would make for a very long day for the pilot.

However, I'd rather do more than offer advice. If you can find a pilot to fly about half way (200nm, for example KMLE to KMCK, McCook NE), I'll do what I can to fly out and transport Hunter the remainder of the way to a Denver or Colorado Springs airport.

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: GSP to finally go home to his forever home!! (Mid March)

Post by Liza007 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:43 am

I am almost sure that it would not be a problem asking the adopters to pick up near Denver. When I 'picked' airfields, I did it based on nearby community fields.

Having Hunter fly via 2 or 3 pilots is fine! I was hoping that someone like yourself could/would step forward and offer a 'leg' as I figured that the run was a bit of a stretch!

I will absolutely post another 'topic' and request:

Leg #1:
KMLE to KMCK, McCook NE NEEDED

Leg #2:
KMCK, to (?) FILLED! Thank you Gimble :)

Meanwhile, I didn't even SEE your post here in reply until just now.. can you please email me at [email protected]?

Please refer "Hunter Transport" in the subject line as my Spam filters are going nuts lately

Thank you so much for your reply, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!! I look forward to talking with you via email!
Liz