Pryor, OK, or Tulsa, OK, to DFW or San Antonio, TX - 2hounds

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jdunham
Zip Code: 78750
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Pryor, OK, or Tulsa, OK, to DFW or San Antonio, TX - 2hounds

Post by jdunham » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:04 pm

We've been trying for nearly a month to get two coonhounds from Pryor, OK (near Tulsa), to Helotes, TX (near San Antonio) by ground. They are in kill shelters, and the shelters can't continue to give them special treatment while we fumble the transport. Both would have been put down by now if we weren't attempting to get them to rescue.

We're looking to get them either directly to the destination rescue group in Helotes (near San Geronimo Airpark), or to DFW. Arranging the DFW-to-Helotes portion of the trip is much easier, and we can likely find boarding with rescuers in Fort Worth, so we'd be happy just to get them that far. There are small airports near Pryor, but the ACO in Pryor can also get them to Tulsa if that works better. The full trip would be wonderful, but too much to ask of one pilot. If they're going to DFW area we'd have to work out where they'd board, but the most likely place is in Paradise, on the west side of Fort Worth. I don't know what small airparks there are there that would be convenient.

The passengers consist of a female Redbone Coonhound, currently in the Pryor shelter, and a female Plott Hound, currently sheltered in Columbus, Kansas, but easily moveable to Pryor prior to any flight. We can make sure they have any needed documentation.

This is my first time on Pilots N Paws, so I'm not sure how this works, though I have read the guidelines. I am the founder and co-ordinator of a coalition of hound rescuers in Texas and southern Oklahoma (one cross-the-border member). The destination rescue group in Helotes, Homeward Bound Dog Rescue, is a member of our coalition and is a 501(c)(3). We regularly move hounds around Texas via ground, but don't have transport contacts in Oklahoma. You can contact me if you are able to help, or I can put you in touch with Jo Ellen Cockroft, who runs Homeward Bound. Please do not contact the shelter in Pryor until you've made contact with one of us as I don't want to confuse them if multiple contacts come in. (We're continuing to work on ground transport.)

Thank you for any help for these two hounds.

--
Jerry Dunham
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
[email protected]
512-771-5398

jdunham
Zip Code: 78750
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Pryor, OK, or Tulsa, OK, to DFW or San Antonio, TX - 2hounds

Post by jdunham » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 pm

I should have posted yesterday. We managed to get this done by ground. The girls arrived in San Antonio this afternoon.

--
Jerry Dunham
Moderator, Tejas Coonhound Rescue