JFK NY to RDU or Washington, DC area 20010

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
reyess80

JFK NY to RDU or Washington, DC area 20010

Post by reyess80 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Maya is being adopted from Afghanistan as my husband grew very close to her during his time there, and also saw the consequences of a country where animal abuse was common. She is currently just under 5 mos old. Because I've only seen pictures (most recently from February) I am estimating that she's around 12-15" tall, and 15-20 lbs. We are working with a charity to have her rescued out of Afghanistan, then she'll get a full medical exam and vaccinations in Pakistan so she won't need to be quarantined, and then sent to JFK airport in NY where we have to coordinate how to get her to our home in Aberdeen, NC. There is a tiny local airport nearby in Southern Pines, one in Sanford, and larger airports in Fayetteville and Raleigh-Durham. While I'm waiting on a final date that we can anticipate her arrival to JFK, we have been told it may be the first or 2nd weekend in April. Another possibility would be a flight into the DC area, and we could drive and pick her up from there. We would be EXTREMELY grateful for any assistance, as adopting from Afghanistan was not cheap, but for a good reason.
Email: [email protected]
Phone:
202-279-1567

Sphamilton16

Re: JFK NY to RDU or Washington, DC area 20010

Post by Sphamilton16 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm

There is a chance that I might be able to help depending on the date. I live close to Raleigh, NC and I would be willing to go more than half way if somebody could transport from jfk about 100 miles down towards NC. Let me know as the date nears and if any other pilots are interested in doing a JFK to somewhere closer leg. I hope I can be a part of this.

Thanks,
Sean

N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by N60046 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Shannon,

Great speaking with you tonight. I am sure Pilotsnpaws will be able to help with this flight. Great cause.
Let me know if I can help.

Already sent email to couple pilots in NY area.
John
KPKB

malibuah

Post by malibuah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Pending the date I may be able to bring her down to either RIC or RDU. I am in the NYC metro area and fly to RIC, RDU, and GSO regularly However my plane will be going in for the annual in the first two weeks of April and I will be out of the county the last two weeks in April. If it happens in May I should be able to do a flight. Keep checking all you options.

REgards

Andre

reyess80

Post by reyess80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Sean,

Thanks for your post! As of now, I had a gentleman contact me with the possibility of flying Maya from NY to the northern Virginia area in April (not sure about specific availability), and we are aiming for her to get into JFK on the 10th of April. I'm not sure if she'd be able to fly out that same day, or later, but would a flight to northern Virginia be doable for you? Thanks much!

Best,

Shanna

reyess80

Post by reyess80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 pm

John,

I'm extremely grateful for you reaching out and your support. Some options have been presented - it's all a matter of when everything actually happens, so I'm playing it by ear at this point. And thanks for also contacting the other NY pilots you know. I will be in touch if I have any questions.

Thanks again!

Shanna

reyess80

Post by reyess80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Andre,

If things get bumped to May for any reason, I will definitely keep you posted. Thanks for your post!

Best,

Shanna

Sphamilton16

Post by Sphamilton16 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 pm

reyess80 wrote:Sean,

Thanks for your post! As of now, I had a gentleman contact me with the possibility of flying Maya from NY to the northern Virginia area in April (not sure about specific availability), and we are aiming for her to get into JFK on the 10th of April. I'm not sure if she'd be able to fly out that same day, or later, but would a flight to northern Virginia be doable for you? Thanks much!

Best,

Shanna

Shanna,

That would be perfect id prefer not to fly into JFK's busy airspace northern VA would work good for me. Keep me updated on the day because I am starting work in 2 weeks so that might limit my what days would work for me. Im sure we will work this out.

reyess80

Post by reyess80 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Wow, I can't say how grateful I am for the responses! Bill, appreciate your post. At this point, I suppose I have to wait and find out when Maya will definitely be coming, while aiming for April 10th, I'm hoping to have several days notice (not sure if that timeline would go well with family visits for you?). My sister will be picking her up at JFK - she lives in Jersey so can probably drive her wherever. Once it gets closer I'll have to figure out where, and have her coordinate with the pilot that will do the first leg, and then figure out how to coordinate between the two pilots to switch off for the 2nd leg. So, again, extremely appreciative of the support - and once I have a better idea, I'll start contacting people to see if they are available.
Many thanks!!

Best,
Shanna

reyess80

Post by reyess80 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Sean,

It will definitely be in April, so I'm not sure how that will work out with your schedule. Regardless, we are aiming for a Saturday (they usually come in on either Thurs or Saturday), and we had only discussed Saturday's, the 10th specifically. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

Best,
Shanna