2 dogs need a ride to maine

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
alienwerkshopp

2 dogs need a ride to maine

Post by alienwerkshopp » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Two dogs need a ride to Maine, One corgi mix and one chow mix. one is going to a shelter and the other is going to his forever home. My husband can do the first leg up to the virginia border, can anyone else please take a leg in this transport? Thanks Robbin

mantzgs
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 dogs need a ride to maine

Post by mantzgs » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 am

Unless there is someone better situated to take the last leg of the trip I'd be interested in taking it. It will be about a week before I'll be able to fly it though. Maybe someone will offer to take an intermediate leg in the mean time. If not, any chance we could make N79 (Shamokin, PA) the meeting place? It's about halfway between KSAV my home station of KHUL and appears to have the best fuel prices in the area. You can PM or email me.

Greg
Glasair Sportsman N97AU KHEG
ASEL/MEL, ASES/MES, Rotorcraft, Commercial/Instrument

alienwerkshopp

Post by alienwerkshopp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:47 am

Gregg thank you for your reply, i will ask the lady who is picking them up and get back to you. ok? Thanks Robbin

mantzgs

Post by mantzgs » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:09 am

Ooops! I wasn't very clear there. I was wondering about making N79 the place where I could meet the other pilot to finish the trip. I could get the pups to Portland from there. Unfortunately my home base KHUL is another hour and a half North from there so my range is about to Central/South East PA. What town is the person picking the pups coming from? The best airport in the Portland area is probably Biddeford, ME airport (B19). Thanks!

mantzgs

Post by mantzgs » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 pm

DELAYED/CANCLEDIt looks like there might be a chance to get two transports for one here. There are two dogs that need to get up to Southern Maine from Savannah GA and one dog from Ramsey NJ to Waterford ME. I'm waiting to hear back on the first transport but I had proposed to fly to South East PA (N79, Shamokin, PA) and then to the Portland ME area. I haven't flight or load planned it but it might be possible for me to stop off in NJ along the way and pick that pup up as well. This may get a bit complicated but my days off are the 27th and 28th with the 27th looking best for weather right now. Is it possible for you two to contact each other and coordinate? I'd need to know all kennel dimensions and weights (and the weights of the dogs). I still need to measure my cargo area to make sure it will work. Knowing which cities each of you are in to pick a good midway drop off would help too. As always, the weather has the final say in all this. If someone could take the lead on scheduling and contacts I think we might just be able to pull this off! Thanks.

Greg

I'll cross post this to both threads:
Savannah GA to Portland ME: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... f=5&t=6594
Ramsey, NJ to Waterford, ME: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... f=5&t=6619
Last edited by mantzgs on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrbrightman

Post by mrbrightman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:19 am

I am heading from JYO (Leesburg VA) to MA (1B9) this Thurs (25th). I can take a few dogs if crated.

If this helps, let me know.

[email protected]

alienwerkshopp

Post by alienwerkshopp » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm

DONE