DONE-Spokane WA to Corvallis OR

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Border Creek

DONE-Spokane WA to Corvallis OR

Post by Border Creek » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 pm

1 year old deaf Border Collie needs to get out of Spokane WA and to Oregon. I can pick up anywhere in the Portland to Eugene area. The sooner the better as his time is limited in Spokane.
Thanks,
Anne
Border Creek Rescue
Corvallis, OR
Last edited by Border Creek on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robofos

Re: Spokane WA to Corvallis OR

Post by robofos » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Hello, I am a pilot here in Corvallis. I may be able to help you by renting an airplane. I have over 200 total hours and an instrument rating. Please contact me if I could be of any help. [email protected].

Border Creek

Re: Spokane WA to Corvallis OR

Post by Border Creek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi,
I am glad there are pilots in Oregon. I was a little disappointed that none were on the map. I did contact a local pilot who said he would try to spread the word about this group. I always need border collies transported from eastern washington and oregon to the west side. Any help would be great. With all the bad weather I didn't think he was going to make it out of the shelter but I got someone to keep him and I think I may have a transport for him by car over next week.

I know nothing about renting planes and all that but I will post when I have dogs that need help. Will rentals allow you to transport a dog? I can meet you of course anywhere that is convenient to pick up. Is Spokane too far for one pilot?
Thanks,
Anne
Border Creek Rescue

ggustafson

Re: DONE-Spokane WA to Corvallis OR

Post by ggustafson » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi Anne,

Looks like you have this one covered but if anything changes I will be going through Spokane Sunday. I would be happy to pick up the Dog and I Could fly down to drop him off early next week. Monday or Tuesday. (as long as It would be ok for him to stay with me for a couple days)

I fly from Seattle to North Idaho regularly. I try to look on here often but if you have a regular need to transport from Eastern Washington to Western Washington or Oregon for that matter you can call or email anytime.

Thanks

Gary
253-297-8297
[email protected]

Border Creek

Post by Border Creek » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Gary,
I am overwhelmed. I didn't have much hope this would work. I will definitely email you for the next dog. So Spokane is on your route? What about Ontario, OR? I am always trying to get dogs from there. I have a contact in Seattle that can probably keep the dog for a few days until you can fly here or to Portland so you don't have to. I don't mind driving but Corvallis does have a nice little airport. : )

Thanks so much!
-Anne

robofos

Post by robofos » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi, this is Robert again. I don't think there should be any problems with transporting a dog in the airplane, it would be in a Cessna 172. I don't know how big the dog is, but hopefully we won't have to take any seats out.

I am unfamiliar with how this system works, and I am unable to pay for the entire flight. I estimate it would cost over $500 total. Who usually pays for the transport cost? If I paid for half of it, I would still be willing to make the trip. Let me know what you think!

ggustafson

Post by ggustafson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Anne,

Yes Spokane is right on my route. We go to Hayden Idaho just over the border from Spokane. So no problem to stop at one of the airports in spokane. It would not be a problem for us to fly to Corvallis either. I have not flown into or around the Ontario area but it wouldnt be out of the question.(at least not in the spring through fall). I will do some research on that route and let you know. Please keep me posted if I can help.

Have a good day.

Gary