Paralyzed puppy in SW colorado needs lift to St. Paul MN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
running dog ranch

Paralyzed puppy in SW colorado needs lift to St. Paul MN

Post by running dog ranch » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

an eight month old male dog, paralyzed in his back legs, needs to travel from the cortez or durango colorado area (perhaps even farmington NM) to his new home: the Home For Life Animal Sanctuary in star prairie wisconsin (about an hour east of ST Paul MN). the sanctuary has volunteered to address the special needs of this very sweet boy. i'm told that there is an airport at New Richmond five miles from the Sanctuary, but i'm pretty certain we could arrange for a staff person to meet a flight at a location further away. he is healthy otherwise, about forty pounds, barely medium sized. contact chris/cathy: [email protected] 970-882-7987
Last edited by running dog ranch on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

running dog ranch

paralyzed puppy can be taken to st. paul

Post by running dog ranch » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 pm

i have confirmation that the dog can be picked up by HOL staff at the international airport Minneapolis/St Paul.

running dog ranch

Re: Paralyzed puppy in SW colorado needs lift to St. Paul MN

Post by running dog ranch » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 pm

thanks fourfurfeet. you're right about the commercial flight-- that will certainly expedite things. it's been a rough month here at the shelter finance-wise, but we're going to book him for monday or tuesday travel unless we hear of something marvelous here. they've got a wheel-cart for him there (home for life sanctuary) so we're anxious for him to begin a real life. he SO wants to play with the other dogs but dragging himself around really scuffs up his legs in spite of bandages and leggings. thanks again.

running dog ranch

no luck getting ride-- we'll pay for commercial flight

Post by running dog ranch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:56 pm

thanks to the website for giving us a chance. this is my last post... signing out.