BC-Gassing shelter-Florence, AL area-Greenville, SC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

BC-Gassing shelter-Florence, AL area-Greenville, SC

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am

Someone in Florence can help with land transport getting this boy to an airport. They are ready to gas him and won't even list him on petfinders to see if someone wants to adopted....grrrrr He has rescue in Piedmont, SC and in the past, pilots have landed at Greenville/Spartinburg (sp) airport, but you name it and I'll get someone there.

Thanks

UpstateFlyer

Re: BC-Gassing shelter-Florence, AL area-Greenville, SC

Post by UpstateFlyer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I live in Greenville (Piedmont actually) , can anyone get him half way?

What type of dog? size/weight?

John

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:02 pm

The dogs are actually going to Piedmont :-) It's a border collie and I'll have to check for an exact but the weight would be around 40-45 pounds.

RShuey

Post by RShuey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:58 pm

I can get the dog halfway if you want to try to arrange meeting somewhere.

Bob

UpstateFlyer

Post by UpstateFlyer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 am

Bob, I am currently planning on flying this Monday the 5th after lunch. If you are able to get him half way sometime on Monday that would be great.

The current plan is to pick him up Monday around 3:00 EST (2:00 local). Let me know if you want to do the first half and where a good half way point is.

John

RShuey

Post by RShuey » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:26 am

John,

Tomorrow works for me as long as we can get the dog out to the Airport in Alabama. We can meet in Dalton, GA (KDNN) if that works for you. I sent you an e-mail with my personal information so that we can talk with each other on the phone and work out details. Just let me know what time you can be at Dalton and I will do the math to get a time to set out of Florence (Northwest Alabama Regional).

Muttsmom - can we get the dog out to the airport early to mid afternoon sometime.

Also, for anyone to reply - this will be my first pilots and Paws rescue flight. I don't have an dog seat belts or anything like that. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or do I need to worry about that with this dog?

Thanks,

Bob

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Bob and John, thanks SO much for saving this precious girl. It was suppose to be a male Border Collie going but the shelter failed to tell Michelle, the rescuer who was meeting Bob at Muscle Shoals airport, that he had been adopted, which is great news BUT Bob was already in the air, not good. 2 more Border Collie's came in and Michelle and I talked, and she took off to the airport with one of the new ones that had just been turned in. So, thankfully we were able to still save one from a gassing shelter and both pilots didn't waste a trip. I've never had that happen and another lesson that we need to pull teeth and get the shelters to go physically look and make sure the dog that had a rescue hold on him/her is still there, not assume they know what they are talking about. This is one that we're pulled from alot and the 1st time this has happened so for the pilot's sake, we have to be extra extra careful that they are still there.

I hope you're 1st transport was a peaceful one and that the girl's life you saved made a good co-pilot for you :-)