Rescue Transportation College Station,TX to Naperville, IL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
stephanie szalach

Rescue Transportation College Station,TX to Naperville, IL

Post by stephanie szalach » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Everybody,
My daughter just rescued Ranger (a huskie) from euthinization minutes before it was going to happen. She attends Texas A&M as a biomedical major concentrating in veterinary medicine, double majoring in spanish, volunteers at the humane society in College Station, Texas as an adoption counselor, at a horse veterinary clinic, and does numerous other types of voluntary type work. After working with Ranger for a couple of weeks she new that he was an exceptional dog. He is very laid back, excellent with children (all ages) and is happiest when with people.

We have a border collie (Bud Man) and he and I are a therapy dog team assisting in hospital rehabilitation, schools, education, nursing homes, libraries, etc. My daughter new that Ranger would make an excellent therapy dog as well as a wonderful family member...Thus our adoption.

We are looking for a way to transport Ranger from the College Station, Texas area back home to us in Naperville, Illinois. We have looked into the airlines, which is a possiblity, but would prefer a less stressful transportation method. After watching a few videos, with tears of joy streaming down my face, I am hopeful that the pilots n paws program might be a viable option. It certainly looks like a wonderful humane organization.

I would appreciate anyone who may have suggestions to reply back to me if they think this could be a possibility for Ranger to come to his new home and giving his new family an opportunity to meet him for the very first time.

Thank you all for your service and commitment to our furry friends...it is so humbling!
Sincerely,
Stephanie Szalach
630-355-1540

8324T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSUS
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Rescue Transportation College Station,TX to Naperville, IL

Post by 8324T » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 pm

If all variables align (dates, weather, inbound flight, etc.), I could fly from St. Louis area to Naperville area.
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T
Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)

stephanie szalach

Re: Rescue Transportation College Station,TX to Naperville, IL

Post by stephanie szalach » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Thank you to those of you who offered to help transport Ranger (male husky) from College Station, Texas to Naperville. Due to the warm weather approaching in the south and not being sure if the Pilots N Paws program would work out for us, we decided to fly Ranger home to Naperville, Illinois via a major airline. We are now busy putting weight on him and getting him adjusted to his new home. Thank you all so much for your willingness to help our family rescue Ranger. God Speed to all of you! Stephanie & Ranger