Death Row Doggy.. time was up days ago CA to Indy

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Barking Mad LLC

Death Row Doggy.. time was up days ago CA to Indy

Post by Barking Mad LLC » Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm

Please... this sweetheart is a staff favorite, but is overdue and they can hold no longer...

Downey CA (just south of LA) to Indianapolis, Chicago or Champaign IL, or even Purdue Un airport...will drive anywhere to get him picked up... I am desperate to save him...

Large Mix Breed Lab/Shep type...

Very gentle and is a staff favorite...

First a quick background.... about a couple times a month I send a package of my handmade bandanas, dog treats and dog toys & blankets to the Downey Shelter in CA, via my friend Colleen who hand delivers them and takes pics etc.

This last go round I sent new squeaky toys... well.. one big boy (I call Him Titus) Colleen said really touched her because he heard the squeak and went totally into a happy dance and jumping and playing and would not let go of the toy... Well, she sent told me the story and I bawled (like I am now) about thinking this baby being in a shelter yet knowing the joy of a squeaky toy.. blah blah... THEN she told me he is overdue for being euthanized because the staff loves him, such a sweetheart. Well, they told her yesterday that they are going to have to kill a whole big bunch of them as they are now waaaaay over capacity. So he will have to be one... And I am DESPERATE to save him, but being to darn faraway I am helpless. She can pull and all that, but being clear across the country is a lot to try and get covered for transport. So I guess I am hoping you have a contact name from when Daisy was flown by them.

I knew I wanted him the moment I heard my friends voicemail about how he perked up at the sound of the toy... and how he won't let it go. And the only thing I knew about him was he was "this big burly guy" as she described him! (Colleen is used to working the small dogs... chi's etc etc!! LOL) :(
PLease... if anyone can help me...
Titus.jpg
This is (my) boy Titus...
Titus.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 141 times

sd177flyer

Re: Death Row Doggy.. time was up days ago CA to Indy

Post by sd177flyer » Sat May 15, 2010 1:20 am

I can do this trip.. the ENTIRE way... in a couple of weeks.

Please see my post on Pilots Offering Rides.

Or eMail me at sd177flyer at yahoo dot com

Thx.

Vince

Barking Mad LLC

Post by Barking Mad LLC » Sat May 15, 2010 7:15 am

Oh my goodness! Serious? We never dreamed we might find someone covering the entire trip!! I have never used PnPs before so I am unsure what info you need now, here is what I have... Titus was to be pulled late yesterday, heading to the vet, and then to a foster home. I am sure she will agree to keeping him until his travel date.

He is very gentle, playful and the staff at Downey shelter are in love with him. That is the only reason he was spared a week ago... but they are extremely overcrowded and he was to die this week... I cannot begin to explain how grateful I would be if you are able & agree to help us...

Could you give us the particulars on the trip, i.e. dates, apprx times, airports etc? And i will pass them along to the "sending" party (a.k.a. Colleen Peltier, my friend in CA and I would be the receiver Kristy Schroeder in IN)

Thank you so much... my email is kristy at barkingmadlllc . com

sd177flyer

DONE! Re: Death Row Doggy.. time was up days ago CA to Indy

Post by sd177flyer » Mon May 31, 2010 8:29 am

Delivered from John Wayne, Orange County, CA to Indianapolis Metropolitan on Sat, May 29th.

Kristy and her friends were wonderful!!!

Vince

Barking Mad LLC

Post by Barking Mad LLC » Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 am

Vince was absolutely fabulous to work with. He has the patience of a saint to have dealt with the overly energized and less trained Titus! LOL. He went above & beyond, and I have given him honorary title of our "Knight In Shining Cessna" !! My deepest heartfelt gratitude to him, and all at Pilots N Paws for your everyday acts of kindess & compasiion. We in the resce world, so the worst of mankind... but groups & individuals such as Vince & PnPs.... renews my faith in the human race ... Thank you so much for Vince for having help us save Titus, and thank you for all the trips made, and will be made in saving America's homeless dogs... Sincerely, Kristy Barking Mad LLC & Namaste Dog Rescue Inc. ~ Indiana.