DONE Puppy needs to go from Fayetteville, NC to Kingston, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Colleen
Zip Code: 11930
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE Puppy needs to go from Fayetteville, NC to Kingston, NY

Post by Colleen » Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Ariel is one of 5 puppies out 8 that survived parvo. She is now ready and waiting to go to her new home in Kingston, NY. I know this is a long distance but I am hoping we can do a couple of "legs". If anyone can help, Ariel and I would be very grateful. Anyone available this weekend????? As always, you guys are amazing. Colleen
Attachments
's Ariel.jpg
's Ariel.jpg (3.24 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Last edited by Colleen on Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby Doe Hounds

Re: Puppy needs to go from Fayetteville, NC to Kingston, NY

Post by Baby Doe Hounds » Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I may know of a ground transport originating in SC going to NJ this weekend. [email protected]

PaPilot
Zip Code: 19606
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPTW

Post by PaPilot » Wed May 19, 2010 9:54 pm

I could help with the northern leg from SE PA, NJ, or DE. Weather permitting.

Shawn

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Sat May 22, 2010 1:08 pm

I can do a leg next weekend (5/29, 5/30)if the pup still needs a ride. I'm based just on the east side of DC about halfway between the endpoints of the straight line route. Worst case I have the range to do entire flight myself, though would prefer to share the flying. I can fly IFR.

Steve
N73SD

PaPilot

Post by PaPilot » Sat May 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I can take pick up the northern leg from either Bill or Steve.

Shawn Malone
C172 / VFR
[email protected]

kurtfranz

Post by kurtfranz » Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 am

Bill, if you could pick up the pup in Fayetteville & get to me in Chesapeake, VA, I think that would be about the same flight time as a flight straight to Melfa. I could then take a leg up to Steve or Shawn.

Shawn, where East of DC are you? Like a lot of pilots, I prefer not to deal with the SFRA... :?

PaPilot

Post by PaPilot » Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Kurt,

I'm NW of Phila based at Pottstown (KPTW). Could meet you at KMQS south of me and take her to Kingston from there.

From Chesapeake, the flight is just about due north and well east of the DC SFRA.

Weather looks like a winner this weekend.

Shawn
[email protected]

kurtfranz

Post by kurtfranz » Wed May 26, 2010 9:42 am

Hmmm...

A little out of my range, unfortunately. I generally can't go much farther than Salisbury, MD. I could probably pull off Sussex County, DE (GED) or Cambridge/Dorchester (CGE) assuming I can stay away from the SFRA & under R-4006.

Weather here is iffy on Saturday but okay Sunday & Monday. However, it may not be good for the first leg from Fayettville on any day.

PaPilot

Post by PaPilot » Wed May 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks for the reply Kurt.

KGED is an hour and then quite a leg to Kingston. I am not available Monday unfortunately when the weaather is better south of me. It does look like further south is questionable weather wise, so getting her up to Chesapeake may be a no go as you mentioned.

I would be glad to take her up to Kingston from my area, if there is a pilot that can come further north either this weekend or later.

Have a nice holiday.

Shawn

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Wed May 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Sat is looking a little iffy for Fayetteville due to t-storms, but I'm otherwise still available to do a leg Sat (if weather clears south) or Sunday/Monday. Weather looks good for Sunday/Monday at this point. If it's just clouds, I can manage that under IFR. It sounds like range is an issue for the two of you making a link. I could take one of the legs or we could do a 3 leg trip where I'd take a middle leg say from Cheasapeake to Summerset.

Do we know if the puppy still needs a ride?

Hey, I also just noticed there's another transport request from Colleen from Fayetteville, this one going to MA. It would be great if we could combine the two. There's one reply on the other about somebody that can pickup that dog in Allentown. Maybe we can look at that for a handoff spot?