Johnson City, TN to Leitchfield, KY or Rochester, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CindyM

Johnson City, TN to Leitchfield, KY or Rochester, NY

Post by CindyM » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 pm

This is my first time posting here, but you have been highly recommended. I hope I have included all of the information you need. There is someone local to the shelter that can pull him and get him to the airport.

Sending Shelter/Rescue: : Washington County/Johnson City Animal Control Ctr
Website: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=12713318

Receiving Rescue/Adopter: Brightstar German Shepherd Rescue
Contact Name: Mark
Contact Phone: 585-293-0549

Passenger Name: Mason
Breed: German Shepherd
Size/Weight:
Spayed/Neutered: Will be Neutered prior to transport
General temperament: Friendly
Any Special Needs: None
Items Provided: Health Certificate and Paperwork from/Vet Shelter
Crate: optional, not provided
Reason for transport: Kill Shelter to Rescue
Vaccines: UTD

Brightstar GSD rescue will save Mason's life IF they can get him. Their rescue is in Rochester, NY, but they also have a transport coming from Leitchfield, KY in early February that he can hitch a ride to NY on. If you can help Mason get to Leitchfield, KY or Rochester, NY for Brightstar GSD rescue, please let me know.

Thank you,
Cindy Moss
[email protected]
219-746-1919

<map:37601-42754>
<map:37601-14601>

CindyM

Re: Johnson City, TN to Leitchfield, KY or Rochester, NY

Post by CindyM » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Can anybody help with this?

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Depending on the dates and (of course) weather, I might be able to help with the last part of this. Rochester is about two hours each way from my home base in Frederick, Maryland, and I might be able to pick him up a little further west -- Martinsburg, West Virginia, say. Leitchfield would be three and a half hours each way from Frederick, was is a little past the point of comfort.

To coordinate a two- or three-leg transport, you'll need not only pilots for each leg but safe foster homes for the transition points just in case weather prevents the hand-off pilot from making it in. The foster homes will need to be willing to offer their hospitality for more than one night, because the next day's weather might not be good, either, or the original pilot might be unable to fly the next day due to work or other obligations.

Good luck! Please keep me posted at [email protected].

Best,

-- DJK
David Kenny

CindyM

Post by CindyM » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Thank you very much for your offer.

There is just something about this boy that caught my heart, and I am trying everything I can think of to help him.

Again, thank you and I will continue to work on this.

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:40 pm

He's a big, handsome fellow with a great life in front of him -- if a few details can be worked out.

We'll all try to do whatever we can. Keep fighting!

-- DJK

N60046
Airport identifier: KPKB

Post by N60046 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Hey Dave,

Just spoke with Cindy. I will see if I can transport to KY some time next week.
John
KPKB

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:23 am

That sounds good. It sounds as though he can hitch a ride from there if we can't arrange the middle leg by air.

I'm at least tentatively booked for another flight -- possibly two more -- on Saturday, so I probably couldn't take him until the following weekend.

I'll keep an eye on this space. Thanks, John.

-- DJK

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome,

Ok, what u need to do is go to the pilots map on the pilot n paws home page @ the bottom expand the map so u can see the area better. Email as many pilots as u can starting in the area of the departure going all the way along the your destination. The more pilot’s u email the higher your chances of a successful rescue.

To give u an idea the average leg is usually 200-300 miles, which comes to about 2 hours.
I fly out of the northern NJ area so if u can get the dogs into this area I might be able to help out with a leg.

If u ever need help please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime @ [email protected]

Jerry

CindyM

Post by CindyM » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:00 pm

This is great - Everything is coming together, and John is hoping to be able to do this Monday!

CindyM

Post by CindyM » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:56 pm

John - I just wanted to add that I gave the person who will be taking Mason to you your phone # so you can work out the exact time and meeting spot. Again, thank you so much for helping!

We will be sending him with a collar and harness. We have come up with enough donations to keep him boarded at the vet until Monday. He was neutered today and the shelter was keeping him outside on the cold cement, so he will be warm and safe until his transport.

David - A special thanks to you for your offer and putting me in contact with John.

Yay!