DONE : Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

This forum is for transport requests that were posted on the Ride Board and have been completed. Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked "DONE".

DONE : Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

Postby ktt8 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Looking for a ride from Athens Al to rescue in Falconer NY (Dawn's Canine Rescue) for one medium size blk mouth cur approx 25-30lbs. She is in temp foster since before Christmas and is ready to move to rescue. Can anyone help?
Thanks Kathi (ktt8@msn.com)
<map:35611-14701>
Last edited by ktt8 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ktt8

Re: Athens AL to Falconer/Jamestown NY

Postby MuttsMom on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

I've got a border collie going from Atlanta - Hartford Ct. Weather isn't going to cooperate this weekend, but if you could get yours to Atlanta, and some land transport from CT - NY, maybe we could combine the two, that way the pilots are taking 2 and not just 1.
Thanks

Nancy
MuttsMom04 at aol dot com
ALL FL Gators
MuttsMom

Postby Jon on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:25 am

Kathi,

I make regular runs to Dawn. I have one scheduled for around the first week in Feb if one of the passengers is well enough to travel.

If you can get a rescue in Knoxville to house and shelter the pup, and get the pup there, I think it can be worked out.

Just as information that run is complex and the plane is stuffed so I need good information on the size and weight of the BC. I will also be carrying a Dobie going to Pittsburgh, and picking up 6 pups in Louisville KY going to Dawn so I have some real space issues to consider, but if you can work out the late transport I can get the BC to Dawn.
Jon

Postby ktt8 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks Jon, Dawn told me she works with you on a regular basis. The dog I am trying to get to Dawn is a black mouth cur female, approx 25-30lbs and probably only about 18-20" tall at the shoulder. We are attempting to put together ground transport for this weekend, if it doesn't fill, I will see about getting her to Knoxville. Thanks Kathi (ktt8@msn.com)
ktt8

Return to "DONE" Transports Complete