DONE - Harrison, AR to Houston, TX( via Dallas.FW?)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
diamondjoh

DONE - Harrison, AR to Houston, TX( via Dallas.FW?)

Post by diamondjoh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi,
My name is Paula Fike, and I am a volunteer transport coordinator for the Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. Col. Potter is a 501c3 non-profit and can be visited at http://www.cairnrescue.com. I am trying to move a Cairn before July 2nd from Harrison, AR to her foster home in Houston, TX. We would appreciate any help you can offer in transporting this Cairn. I have a ground person that will deliver her to the airport of your choosing. All of our Cairns travel in crates with harness and vet papers. Cairns weigh on the average around 15 to 19 pounds, This can be broken into legs and I have ground support in Tulsa, OK; Dallas/FW, and of course the foster home to pick up in Houston. If there is another possibility/suggestion I will search for ground support in that area.
Many thanks in advance for your consideration of helping this little girl get to the safety of her foster home. Paula
Last edited by diamondjoh on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PaulB
Zip Code: 77479
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAXH
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Re: Harrison, AR to Houston, TX( via Dallas.FW?)

Post by PaulB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:08 am

Paula, I am available to fly a leg on July 3 . Dallas area is ok. Other possibilities KSHV Shreveport, KGGG Longview, KTYR Tyler, all are a little more direct from KHRO. I am based in the Houston area.

Paul

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello Paul,
July 3rd would be fine for us. We have found ground transport to get the Cairn as far as Fort Worth and have an overnight arrangement there. The dog will be in Fort Worth on Friday the 2nd, so we should be able to meet any time frame you want. What airport near Dallas would you be able to fly into? I will arrange to have the Cairn delivered to you in crate, ready to fly. The foster home in Houston will pick up their new charge at your home airport. I hope the weather looks good and this will meet with your approval. Thank you so much for your offer of help. Paula

PaulB
Zip Code: 77479
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAXH
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by PaulB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:53 am

Good airports(reasonable fuel prices) in the area are Arlington , Fort Worth Spinks,Dallas Executive,Cleburn, or Granbury. I have flown into Arlington before and found it to be easy to get into and out on the ground end but any of these should be fine. I am based at KAXH Houston Southwest

Paul

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Paul,
Arlington is perfect, our overnight for the dog lives in Arlington and is only a short distance away! Thank you so much. I will start drawing up our transport info for Sat the 3rd and get a copy to you. Paula

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:44 am

Hello Paul,
Do you FBO's on each end so I can zero in my drop off and pick up people? I will call and get details for my drivers from the facility. I am using the Arlington Municipal Airport (KAWO) and your home airport. Thanks, Paula

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 am

Hello Paul,
Is Hurricane Alex going to be a problem for Sat.? Paula

diamondjoh

Re: DONE - Harrison, AR to Houston, TX( via Dallas.FW?)

Post by diamondjoh » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Our deepest appreciation to pilot Paul Barnett for his volunteering to do this flight for us.