CANCELED! 4 Cockers - Raleigh, NC - Westminster, MD

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lcarter14

CANCELED! 4 Cockers - Raleigh, NC - Westminster, MD

Post by lcarter14 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 am

Hi,

I have 4 cocker spaniels that urgently need to get from Raleigh, NC (temp boarding) to Westminster, MD (rescue). The vet's office where they are currently staying is full so they need to be moved by Wednesday, June 30th or Thursday, July 1st. They cannot be moved earlier than Wednesday as they are having basic vetting done. They do need to be out of the vet's office by Friday, July 2nd though as boarding space is needed for the upcoming 4th of July weekend.

If you are able to help move these 4 deserving dogs please email me at [email protected].

Thank you so very much!!!!

~Lisa Carter
Last edited by lcarter14 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

MaxRide

Re: 4 Cockers - Raleigh, NC - Westminster, MD

Post by MaxRide » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm

I'd be willing to do KCJH (Culpepper Regional) to Carrol County (Westminster) tomorrow or Sunday. We'd have to hash out the details pretty quickly though.

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,

I just saw your post. Thanks for responding!!

Where is KCJH. I typed it in flightaware.com but it came up as an invalid airport code. Just trying to figure out where that is.

Thanks so much.

EDIT: I found it. It's Culpeper, VA. So, I'd need to find another pilot to do the Raleigh, NC - Culpeper, VA leg, correct?

MaxRide

Post by MaxRide » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Yep.

Culpeper is outside of the Washington D.C. SFRA / Dulles class "B" and very accessible. It shouldn't be too hard finding someone for the first leg. Many pilots just hate flying the D.C. SFRA (and for good reason!). =)

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:26 pm

FYI - I just heard back from the rescue and I guess I misunderstood the date. The dogs cannt be moved until Wednesday, June 30th or Thursday, July 1st but need to be out of the vet's office no later than Friday, July 2nd. So, the earliest they can move is Wednesday as they are having dentals, shots and spay/neutering done. Sorry for the confusion. Any chance you'd be able to do June 30th or July 1st if I can find someone for the 1st leg?

Thanks a million!!!

~Lisa

MaxRide

Post by MaxRide » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm

For those dates I would have to do it after my day job....That means the earliest I would be at Culpepper would be 6:00 PM with an estimated Carrol County arrival of 7:30 PM.

lcarter14

Re: CANCELED! 4 Cockers - Raleigh, NC - Westminster, MD

Post by lcarter14 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 am

MaxRide,

Sorry for the delayed response. I just heard back from the rescue that they were able to throw a ground transport together for these 4 dogs. So, we are good to go!

Thanks for your generous offer to help!

Have a wonderful day!

~Lisa