COMPLETED!!! Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LindaJMerideth

COMPLETED!!! Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am

I rescue from Greenville, Mississippi and desperately need to get some animals to a no-kill rescue in W. Kennebunk, ME. I realize this is a long flight, and I expect it to require at least 5 pilots, but if you're willing to fly even a short leg, would you please contact me by email at [email protected] or call me at 662-332-7955. I would be most appreciative!

ALL of these puppies have been altered, vaccinated and will have their Rabies tag and certificate with them......all will have their complete medical records and Health Certificate. These babies have ALL been in boarding for 8 full weeks and have finally been rescued.....thank you if you can help them get to Maine!

Andy, a yellow Lab, approximately 70 lbs.
Josie, a Female puppy about 20 lbs. or less

These babies are now being fostered in Falmouth, KY and we have received an offer of transport on Sunday, August 1st!!

Thanks a million,
Linda Merideth
Animal Welfare League (http://www.awlofms.org)
Last edited by LindaJMerideth on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

flypiper

Re: Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Post by flypiper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Linda,
I cannot take all of them in my plane...I could take Coon or Sister, and Beau and the female pup and Yuppy.
Coon, a 6-mth. old Blue Heeler puppy or
Sister, a Schnauzer-mix, about 25 lbs.
Beaudeux, a Beagle, about 20 lbs.
Female puppy about 20 lbs. or less
Yuppy, another Schnauzer mix about 25 lbs.

I can p/u at Orange Co Airport in NY (MGJ) and fly them to Pittsfield (KPSF). Or, the transport can come to Greenwood Lake Airport (4N1) which is my airport in NJ.

Let me know!
Linda

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Thank you, Linda, SO MUCH! I've got to be in a meeting all afternoon, but tonight I will be emailing pilots and trying to put this together.
So that I don't mess up, are you saying you cannot take the large dog, Andy, but would be able to take up to 4 of the smaller (25 lbs. or so) pups?

Also, what state is Pittsfield in?

Thanks!!
Linda Merideth

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Linda--
I could not fit a crate large enough for the bigger dog, as well as the puppies.
Sorry.

So, I can take 4 of the smaller pups.

Pittsfield Muni Airport, MA

: )
Linda

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:34 pm

I can pick up the 4 -20/25 lb dogs from Pittsfield and fly to Sanford, ME.

Alex Kittenplan

flypiper wrote:Linda--
I could not fit a crate large enough for the bigger dog, as well as the puppies.
Sorry.

So, I can take 4 of the smaller pups.

Pittsfield Muni Airport, MA

: )
Linda
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 pm

That would be GREAT.......surely I can find volunteer ground transport for the other 2.

My phone has died and AT&T is mailing me another one......this is probably going to mess everything up!
My home phone number is 662-332-7955 should anyone need me.

Thanks!!
Linda Merideth

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

When does this need to happen and will the animals be in crates?

Alex Kittenplan
617-930-8279

LindaJMerideth wrote:That would be GREAT.......surely I can find volunteer ground transport for the other 2.

My phone has died and AT&T is mailing me another one......this is probably going to mess everything up!
My home phone number is 662-332-7955 should anyone need me.

Thanks!!
Linda Merideth
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Alex,

Since most of the PNP pilots already have crates, I DID NOT plan to send them in crates......it messes it up for the pilots that already have crates.

Since these babies have been in boarding at the vet's office for at least 8 weeks, I'd like to move them asap, but they are safe! When I say "asap" I mean as soon as convenient for the pilots.....I try not to put a date, but let the pilots decide.

My I-phone crashed today, so I am without my cell phone until the new one is received in the mail (should be Friday). If you have any questions and need to reach me by phone, I can be reached at 662-332-7955.

Thanks
Linda Merideth

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

Not a problem. I'm available pretty much any weekend that has good (not raining/fog,etc) weather. Now we just have to get them closer to NY/NJ.

Alex Kittenplan
LindaJMerideth wrote:Hi Alex,

Since most of the PNP pilots already have crates, I DID NOT plan to send them in crates......it messes it up for the pilots that already have crates.

Since these babies have been in boarding at the vet's office for at least 8 weeks, I'd like to move them asap, but they are safe! When I say "asap" I mean as soon as convenient for the pilots.....I try not to put a date, but let the pilots decide.

My I-phone crashed today, so I am without my cell phone until the new one is received in the mail (should be Friday). If you have any questions and need to reach me by phone, I can be reached at 662-332-7955.

Thanks
Linda Merideth
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Thank you, Alex, very much! I'm working on it!