COMPLETED!!! Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MidABHR
Zip Code: 07882
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Post by MidABHR » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm

I have a very sweet female basset that our rescue is trying to get up from Hattiesburg, MS to the NJ/PA area. If you could possibly add that dog in on your transport, I'd appreciate it. She is UTD on her shots, will have a health certificate to travel, and is going to a foster home in NJ.

I've already posted a separate request, but if we could team up, that would be great.
Suzanne Fitch
Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue
www.midatlanticbassets.com
cell 908-256-0598
[email protected]

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi all---voice of doom and gloom here--I know it sounds cost-effective to combine transports, but it is not a good policy to do so. You never know what the animals are carrying -- sometimes it takes longer than a quarantine period for a pup/cat/dog to "break" with something...and all the animals have then been exposed.

For me, I will not combine transports. Sorry....I have seen this backfire.

Linda

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 am

For what it's worth, all four of my dogs are in boarding at the vet and have been for more than 2 months.....all are FULLY vaccinated and I believe the youngest is now about 5 months.....BUT, I do agree.......the one and only time another dog accompanied my pre-planned transport, that dog became ill and I had to board ALL 7 of my fully vaccinated dogs for 6 days, at a personal cost to me of more than $400........after that, I swore to myself I would never do that again.......it was our first time to try to send dogs to that receiver, and when she broke her word about taking the dogs if I would board them for a week to be sure they didn't catch anything, it ended our promising relationship......I can't waste my time with a rescue that doesn't keep their word.
Our dogs never got sick, as they were FULLY vaccinated......but we lost a receiving rescue as a result (our decision)!
I do apologize but I prefer to keep our dogs on a separate transport! I'm sorry!!
If I can personally help leg transport your dog, please let me know.....I'll be glad to help!
Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 am

Hey pilots--Linda is trying to get this to go this weekend. I can fly Sun---but need a little notice....(NJ area). Can anyone help?

Linda

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Did you want to change this to Sunday from Saturday? I'm the pilot you're handing off to for the final leg to ME.

Alex Kittenplan
flypiper wrote:Hey pilots--Linda is trying to get this to go this weekend. I can fly Sun---but need a little notice....(NJ area). Can anyone help?

Linda
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Alex, you were picking up from 4N1? The weather looks iffy on Sat....pop-up thunderstorms....better for Sunday.

Linda, the distance from Falmouth (where your brother is with the pups) to Greenwood Lake (my airport) is 560 miles. Who is the other pilot you may have for this?
I would really want all the dogs crated. It is a major pain to try to clean a plane if they get sick--you cannot take it home with you....and I will guarantee they can reach that one inch which is not covered by a thousand blankets. Plus, I had one chew on a seat belt. Hundreds later.....it was replaced. My car would be a different story....planes....well...no.

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=k62- ... MAP-STYLE=

I have a reunion on Sunday---need to know about this asap so I can plan...sorry to push.

Thanks guys, let me know!!
Linda

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 pm

I totally understand!! Linda & Alex, do you both have crates? The originating pilot had his own so couldn't carry others.

Thanks!

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Linda--sorry you are still sick.

1. 550 miles is very long. I was not picking up at Orange Co--MGJ---that airport is right around the corner from mine. It would be best if I p/u further west and drop off at my airport (4n1)--then Alex can p/u from there.

2. I can p/u at Carlisle (n94)---but that is a VERY LONG first leg for that other pilot. This is what you would have in nm (nautical miles)

K62 (Gene Snyder Airport in Falmouth) to N94 (Carlisle in PA)---347 nm
N94 Carlisle to 4N1 Greenwood Lake in NJ---141 mi *** this is what I would fly
4N1 Greenwood Lake - drop off (Alex)

Don't worry about the reunion...it will go on with or w/o me.
Yes, I have crates.
Linda

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 am

oNE lAB AND 25 LBS. COON Blue heeler are now in Falmouth, KY......Duncan from Reading OHO has offered to pick them up and fly them into to Pittsburg. I know I need another pilot from Pittsburg to get them into east PA and from there to Pittsfield or Greenwood Lake Airport in NJ.......I know pilot in PA, so I am emailing him now...if you know of any, please don't hesitate to let me know or ask them yourself.

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 am

Ok, let's all stop and take a deep breath.

Better?

If you can get someone to get the dogs from Pittsburgh to Greenwood Lake (4N1), Linda S can carry them to Pittsfield, MA (KPSF), that's about a 90 nm one-way trip, I'll pick up at Pittsfield and take them to Sanford, ME (PSFM). I think that would work best at least for Linda S and me. That's a 275nm round trip for me. For me to pick up at 4N1 would turn it into a 420nm day. I agree that Sunday is looking better. And I have a couple of crates to bring depending on the size of the dogs. I too would rather have the dogs contained for safety and cleanliness reasons.

Alex
LindaJMerideth wrote:oNE lAB AND 25 LBS. COON Blue heeler are now in Falmouth, KY......Duncan from Reading OHO has offered to pick them up and fly them into to Pittsburg. I know I need another pilot from Pittsburg to get them into east PA and from there to Pittsfield or Greenwood Lake Airport in NJ.......I know pilot in PA, so I am emailing him now...if you know of any, please don't hesitate to let me know or ask them yourself.
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only