COMPLETED!!! Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
flypiper

Re: Greenville, MS - Kennebunk, ME

Post by flypiper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 am

Alex, I absolutely can fly them in to KPSF on Sunday.
Linda, find someone who can fly in to 4N1 Greenwood Lake Airport, NJ

Linda, can you please tell me again what dogs are definately coming? This has changed several times, and I am the one who said no to puppies plus a larger adult...the crates will not fit in my plane. Alex seems to agree with me on this---he would like everyone crated.

If you need an adult plus puppies moved, and the adult is over about 45 lbs, my plane cannot handle it. I can fit a med and two small crates in the plane. And, that is tight.

Let me know!!
Linda

AlexKittenplan
Zip Code: 01527
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3B0
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:04 am

Wonderful. I think we're down to two puppies, 19 and 25 lbs. My plane won't handle large dogs since I would have to carry them on the wing, then lift them over a 2+ft side into the plane. I fly a Grumman Tiger with a sliding canopy, no doors. Last pilot I picked up from had 3 crates of puppies for me. The pups in two of the crates vomited. Fortunately the crates contained most of the ejecta. Still it was a nice Cirrus except for the stains on his cargo area carpets.
flypiper wrote:Alex, I absolutely can fly them in to KPSF on Sunday.
Linda, find someone who can fly in to 4N1 Greenwood Lake Airport, NJ

Linda, can you please tell me again what dogs are definately coming? This has changed several times, and I am the one who said no to puppies plus a larger adult...the crates will not fit in my plane. Alex seems to agree with me on this---he would like everyone crated.

If you need an adult plus puppies moved, and the adult is over about 45 lbs, my plane cannot handle it. I can fit a med and two small crates in the plane. And, that is tight.

Let me know!!
Linda
Alex Kittenplan
Southbridge Municipal Airport (3B0), Southbridge, MA
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:11 am

I know, people do not understand Pipers, either...we have to get them on to the walk on the wing....which is hard to do with some dogs....esp if the poor things are scared!!

How is the visibility in your plane, Alex? Must be great!!

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:21 am

Linda,
your emails are bouncing back.

This is what I have for your flight so far:

Leg 1--K62 to AGC (Falmouth KY to Pittsburgh PA) DUNCAN
Leg 2--AGC to 4N1 (Pittsburgh to Greenwood Lake, NJ) NO PILOT
Leg 3--4N1 to PSF (Greenwood Lake Airport, NJ to Pittsfield, MA) LINDA
Leg 4--PSF to PSFM (Pittsfield, MA to drop-off in Maine) ALEX

Linda, what dogs are coming at this point? You have changed this several times, and I need to remind you I do not take dogs I cannot crate. I can fit one med crate and two small ones in the plane at the same time. So, the adults cannot be bigger than cattle dog size (45 lbs).

Linda, go to the top of the post and click on the RED "map this request"...the map of pilots along the run should pop up, and then you contact everyone directly. You just have to click on the pictures of the planes. I just did that for my transport for Skye---my next foster coming from NC. I sent out to about 35 pilots.

Good luck!!
Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:26 am

Linda,
just for your info...it will cost a heck of a lot more for each of us than $50 for this flight. Aviation fuel is expensive, and planes simply suck it down. I use about 9 gal/hour....it will take 3 hours for me to fly this short hop, at $4.50-5.00/gal---figure each of us over $100 for sure.

We cannot (unless we have the rating for commercial flight) accept money for this. There are people who do this for a living--and have set up companies---but $50 is very optimistic. Perhaps $200 per dog would be my guess.

This is why we don't sign up for every flight....too much money!

Linda

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am

flypiper wrote:I know, people do not understand Pipers, either...we have to get them on to the walk on the wing....which is hard to do with some dogs....esp if the poor things are scared!!

How is the visibility in your plane, Alex? Must be great!!
Wonderful even it's it not a totally clear canopy like an RV. I can fly with it open 8-10" up to 112kts Great to taxi around with it fully open on hot days while everyone else is sweating. I remember my time in hot summer weather flying Warriors.
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

AlexKittenplan

Post by AlexKittenplan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:34 am

Yes, I burn about 10gals/hr. I figure about $150 for this trip in fuel costs. I'll have spent about $300 in July for fuel for this and the previous flight. Fortunately, the flight expenses can be taken off as a charitable deduction, but I still have to front the money. I figure I can do 1 trip a month. Usually I tend to fly longer distances.

I think Linda M was referring to paying someone $50 to do the logistics to get the flight organized.

Alex
flypiper wrote:Linda,
just for your info...it will cost a heck of a lot more for each of us than $50 for this flight. Aviation fuel is expensive, and planes simply suck it down. I use about 9 gal/hour....it will take 3 hours for me to fly this short hop, at $4.50-5.00/gal---figure each of us over $100 for sure.

We cannot (unless we have the rating for commercial flight) accept money for this. There are people who do this for a living--and have set up companies---but $50 is very optimistic. Perhaps $200 per dog would be my guess.

This is why we don't sign up for every flight....too much money!

Linda
Alex Kittenplan
1977 Grumman Tiger
N28336
VFR only

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 am

Alex, I HATE PLANNING TRANSPORTS!!!! I am NOT good at it.

Anyway, Debi B says Scott can prob take the leg to me, so it looks good. He won't be around till later...so we just need to hold on!

Enjoy the day!!
Linda