Bay county FL to SE Florida transport asap

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
NoPawLeftBehind

Bay county FL to SE Florida transport asap

Post by NoPawLeftBehind » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:07 am

The rescue No Paw Left behind needs a transport asap for min pin mom and 6 nursing pups, terrier, Dashound and Pekingese. Their time is running out. Please call 561-699-9399 if you can help save these lives. No health issues othern than a possible skin irritation for the peke.
Last edited by NoPawLeftBehind on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artsmonster

Re: Bay county FL to SE Florida transport asap

Post by artsmonster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am

I will be in Lake Wales this weekend flying to Boca on Monday 12th. I can fly them them if you can arrange it, let me know.

Art Dreyer
PA28R-200 "Tigger"
561-312-3423

NoPawLeftBehind

Post by NoPawLeftBehind » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

Thank you so much. Lake Whales is actually a 7 or so hour drive from where the dogs are now. So it wouldn't work.
But thank you for what you do for the animals!

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:50 pm

You misunderstood me. I aplogize for not being clear. I am going to be in Lake Wales from fri to mon. I am returning to Palm Beach County Monday. I was offering to do the transport. While any closer to Lake Wales would be apreciated, I was not asking you to drive 7 hours. However please realize that this transport request is 386 nauticle miles from Panama city to Boca. Two hours and 40 min flight time. It's 276 nauticle miles to Panama city from Lake Wales. Just under two hours. With run up, and climb to altitude I was offering to fly close to 5 hours, at 50 dollars an hour just in fuel burn to save those same animals. Art...

NoPawLeftBehind

Post by NoPawLeftBehind » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:34 pm

(I tried posting this, but it never appeared)

Oh, I didn't realize, that was what you were offering, that is great!
I am still a little confused about the gas money. So you need 50x5 hours...250?

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 am

No, I am not asking for money. I was only letting you know that there are pilots out there willing to drive, or fly 5, 7 hours at (in my case) 10 gallons an hour, 5 bucks a gallon just in fuel, not counting any landing fees or other costs to save animals from death. I have never been offered money to help with fuel. Although I've never asked. One of our pilots out of the Keys flies an airplane bigger than mine, burning 14 gallons per hour, at 5 dollars a gallon. He flies very often to Al, LA, GA just to save animals. Many times spending hundreds of dollars, and 8-10 hours in the air doing one trip. Jeff has saved countless animals, at his expense. Any help with fuel would be appreciated, but never required or asked for. I was only trying to inform you, after your comment about it not working due to a 7 hr drive, that it can indeed work. You just have to look harder. Those puppies are about to die because of us, not anything they did. They deserve a shot at life. Art...

NoPawLeftBehind

Post by NoPawLeftBehind » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Ok, it sounds like a plan! We have no extra funds for this, or else we won't be able to vet these guys. So what we did was make a "Chip In" donation page, for your gas expense.

http://nopawleftbehind.chipin.com/mypag ... a448f97549

If you have a Facbook page, feel free to repost. We will give you whatever we raise for this project.!
And of course, since we are a 501c3, you should be able to take a tax deduction on this.

I will have Tracey call you, she will be meeting you with the pups.

THANK YOU!!
Deven:)