DONE! Senior F shep needs ride on the 25th

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
flypiper

DONE! Senior F shep needs ride on the 25th

Post by flypiper » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Hi everyone!
I have another shep (senior, F, very friendly) coming to me to foster. I need help on
the 25th. Can anyone help again?

Flight plan:
#1 KAKH (GASTONIA MUNI) TO 0V4 (BROOKNEAL) 156 MI 1.5 hr
8:30/9 a.m. to 10:30/10:45
#2 0V4 (BROOKNEAL) TO GAI (Montgomery) 150 MI 1.5 hr
10:45/11 a.m. to 12:00/12:15
#3 GAI (Montgomery) TO KMQS (CHESTER CO) 77 MI 1 hr
12:15/12:30 to 1:15/1:30 p.m. "Kristin Mitas"
#4 KMQS (CHESTER CO) TO 4N1 (GREENWOOD LAKE) 98 MILES (LINDA--me!)

Please hit reply all if you can help. I just sent down a lead, collar, and harnass. If
I get her paperwork ahead of time, I will email it out before the flight.
Last edited by flypiper on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

flypiper

Re: Senior F shep needs ride on the 25th

Post by flypiper » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm

We need leg # 1 and #2!
Thanks!!

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Keith is going to do Leg #1---so we only need Leg#2! Can anyone help?

Thanks!!
Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:31 pm

We have leg 2---but Kristin is having a problem renting a plane on Sunday. Can anyone do leg3?

Thanks!!
Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Unbelievable! You guys are awesome! Thanks to Keith and Roy, this is a go for Sunday!!! Hurray!! All legs filled!!
Wish us luck for good weather on Sunday!!!

Thanks, Linda

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Linda! Now we are all excited! Couple of questions: Vet papers? I'v been told by Debie Bois these are NECESSARY. I won't crate a Shep that is "friendly", but I need to lovingly tether her. Will person delivering her to Gastonia NC. airport have tether? Need name of that delivery person. Also, does senior Shep have a name?? I have the PnP transport forms for me to fill out and give to next pilot. Need name of next pilot. Preliminary weather looks very good from my end and as always in the summer, the earlier, the better. Can't wait to hear back from you!! Regards, Keith.

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Keith--she has her vet papers and just got her travel health cert today, so she is ready to go! She should arrive at the airport with all her paperwork, including adoption papers.

I sent down a harness, collar, and lead for her....so you can just loop this through a seat belt. The size crate for her is too big for my plane, so I (myself) have to relax my rules on crated dogs only and will put down a blanket for her in the plane.

She went out on an errand run today with January---Debra's daughter (the woman who is meeting you at the airport--her first time---so watch for her!!) and was great in the car! So, with all those distractions, she was good----I am going to assume she will be even better in the plane.

I sent you an email---Debra's number is the first number on the flight plan. You also have Roy's number, and Roy's email.....on the email I sent you. The IRS has never asked me for this paperwork--I simply keep a log of all the flights, miles, fuel costs and dates. I note if it is a PNP flight, or the 501c3 organization's name (HILLTOP HAVEN/OSCAR in NJ).

I hear she is wonderful---and everyone down there is falling in love with this fur face.....it is going to be hard for them to let her go! But, I have two applications for her up here already----how this happened, I don't know....but she will spend one night with me, then meet the first family the next day. She may be in her forever home by Tuesday!!!

Let's make a very early go/no go decision----so Skye is not pulled from the kennel and then put back in....Debra said 6:30 would be good. You have my number. I will be up 4:30-5:00 A.M...so you can call me early.

Thanks Keith---I am real excited about this!!
Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Keith, I named her Skye.