Sanford, NC but willing to drive as far as Richmond, VA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
caranc

Sanford, NC but willing to drive as far as Richmond, VA

Post by caranc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Maggie is a 4yo APBT mix that is the absolute gentlest, sweetest dog I have ever met. She has led a rough life prior to coming to our rescue, and at this time she needs surgery to repair both of her knees. We currently have her on pain management until she can get transferred. Pets Alive in Middletown, NY has offered to take her and provide her with the expensive surgeries she needs (funded by Rob Thomas' Sidewalk Angels).

She currently weighs about 55# and has not been spayed yet. As soon as I can get a date confirmed for a transport, I will get her health certificate. She has been vaccinated, dewormed (fecal exam was negative), and will be current on flea preventatives. She does have hair-loss and skin issues, but has been confirmed with our vet that it is due to fleas and malnutrition.

**We are located in Sanford, NC but I personally can drive her as far as Richmond, VA if that will increase the chances of her getting on a flight.**

Thanks in advance for your time!

Abbey Lindauer
Adoption Coordinator
Carolina Animal Rescue & Adoption
http://www.cara-nc.org

eyeland1000

Re: Sanford, NC but willing to drive as far as Richmond, VA

Post by eyeland1000 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:45 am

Abbey
We can probably do the flight for you next week. If you can get her to Richmond, we can take her to Midletown, Ny.

Thanks

Scott Messinger
N47501

caranc

Post by caranc » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 am

Scott,

That's fantastic! I just conformed with the receiving rescue that they would like to take her 4 month of puppy (20#) as well. Is it possible that you can take her with too? They can share a crate (puppy is VERY attached to mama)?

Abbey

caranc

Post by caranc » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:52 am

Also, is there a particular day that you need? I am flexible and can get them to Richmond anytime. They are scheduled this Friday for their health certificates.

Abbey

eyeland1000

Post by eyeland1000 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi Abby
Sorry I forgot about you.
Ive been doing a lot of dog runs and emailing, and sometimes get myself confused.( No excuse)
Anyway, if next week is still good we can probanly work it out towards the end of the week.
I have 3 meduium-(36 inch) crates in the plane so the more the merrier!

Let me know if you still need the tranport and we will start working things out.

Thanks
Scott Messinger
N47501

caranc

Post by caranc » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Scott,

I completely understand! I'm trying to wrap up a 5 month long consult with our county board of health about animal control, have co-workers on vacation, and have sick dogs in the shelter. Nevermind trying to coordinate a transport for Maggie & Mimi ;-)

The end of next week works great for me. Just let me know when and where!

Abbey

vthokienc
Zip Code: 24060
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by vthokienc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Abbey & Scott,
Would it be possible to add another pup to your transport? I've got a 14 week old black & tan shepherd mix that needs to get to his new home in NY. He weighs about 17 pounds and is fully vetted (not neutered yet because of age but have a neuter contract with his adopter -- she works at a vet's office!). Home visit & reference checks have been done and I've been trying to get him up to NY for the past couple of weeks by ground transport but have been unsuccessful. His new parents and brothers & sisters are anxiously awaiting his arrival! I didn't want to do a flight for just one little guy so was going to see if he could possibly connect with another transport that isn't full. His owner is willing to drive wherever she needs to up north to get him but lives near Albany, NY. Anywhere in NY would be fine as she doesn't mind driving. I also could get him to Richmond but would need to know a few days in advance so I can take time off of work. Little Chip is very healthy and has never been in the shelter -- I got him and his mom & two brothers before they were taken to the shelter. They've had 2 sets of puppy shots & will get the 3rd next week. They've also had their rabies and bordatella, been dewormed, are on flea/tick & heartworm preventative. If I find out he can go, I'll go ahead and get his health certificate. Please let me know if ya'll might have room for him and if it would be possible for him to hitch a ride. I REALLY appreciate it. Thanks,

Julianne Harris
Out of the Woods Rescue
Blounts Creek, NC

caranc

Post by caranc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Julianne,

I have not heard back from Scott and had to drive Maggie myself to New York. It was a last minute decision since we were running out time on her health certificate.

I do still need to get her puppy to the same rescue. Mimi had to stay behind because she has been running a fever, so once we get her better I will need to coordinate her trip. I have been contacted by phone by two different pilots, so if you still need transport, please let me know.

Abbey