**DONE Thank you Don!!**SIX GSP's to make ground transport

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

**DONE Thank you Don!!**SIX GSP's to make ground transport

Post by Liza007 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Yup, it's me again!

First I would like to start by saying WOW!! Because of all of the pilots and the collaborative efforts here.. we are down to the final groups of dogs!! Crazy when you see that we started with 72 dogs at the beginning of May!!!

Some of you are familiar with me already, but for those who are not, I am a volunteer with National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue living in Massachusetts. Through the course of events, I have become a 'go to' person for transports of shelter dogs via PilotsNPaws. Not only with my rescue friends, but with some of the pilots that send other requests to me.

I guess it's because I have been somewhat successful in moving dogs where they need to be across the country. Thanks of course to you guys :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500

National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue and her sister rescues have requested that I assist in moving dogs out of Sioux Falls area. These dogs are a result of a puppy mill bust that occurred not long ago in that area.. there are 42 dogs going to all corners of the lower 48 AND Canada is taking 4 or so. Dogs were seized by the humane society and have been socialized and handled. Pilots have reported that all prior dogs have been sweet and lovable and a DREAM to transport (better than most humans they've flown)

TEXAS GSP RESCUE HAS ASKED FOR HELP WITH THESE 6

Proposed route (flexible of course)
KFSD~KRGK(Sioux Falls~Red Wing, MN)

THESE DOGS NEED TO BE IN RED WING THE WEEKEND OF 8/21 OR 8/22 IN ORDER TO MAKE TRANSPORT TO SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

These dogs will be wearing harnesses so that they may be tethered in the back seats, they will be traveling with health certificates (per D.O.T. regulations)
veterinary records
food for contingency (on the off chance a leg is grounded if one pilot can't do the whole route) and perhaps a toy or two (we sent them to the triage center when the humane society seized them) Average weight would be 60# per dog.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Not going to be able to sleep if I don't try right?

As I do not always receive notification of mail here, please reply to [email protected] and refer to Sioux Falls-TEXAS in the subject line (as you can imagine, my inbox is a nightmare!)

Thank you so much for your consideration and thank you for choosing rescue
Liz Bondarek
NGSPR Volunteer
[email protected]
Last edited by Liza007 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

DDalland
Zip Code: 55955
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTOB

Re: SIX GSP's must move on 8/21 or 8/22 to make ground transport

Post by DDalland » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 pm

I can handle at least 3 per flight, and do 2 flights. I can put three large kennels in my Baron. It's a short flight from SUX to Redwing, so I'd make two trips. Racing this weekend, but otherwise the next two weeks are open.

Don
Don D (P-Baron, 589RB)

DDalland
Zip Code: 55955
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTOB

Post by DDalland » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Sorry,

FSD, not SUX but no difference really for me.
Don D (P-Baron, 589RB)

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1

Post by Liza007 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 pm

hahaha.. thank you so much Don.. I just emailed you back.. for a minute there, you had me confused!