CANCEL:Medical Transport Needed Louisville, KY to Oneida, NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
N60046
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPKB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Medical Transport Needed Louisville, KY to Delhi, NY

Post by N60046 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey Ryan.

Sent you an email. Any chance you can get the dog from Louisville to central/SE Ohio on thur afternoon???

John
[email protected]
John
KPKB

KLMinton

Re: Medical Transport Needed Louisville, KY to Delhi, NY

Post by KLMinton » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

John, I may have to drive him out to you...Ryan cant do Thurs. I am working on it from my end to try to get someone to fly him to Parkersville to meet you. Will keep you posted...thanks guys for your offers of help! Karen & Franklin

aflife24

Re: Medical Transport Needed Louisville, KY to Oneida, NY

Post by aflife24 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 am

Sorry for the lack of communication, i had to go out of town this past weekend for a military excercise. Possibly another one this coming weekend. Anything new as far as transport goes?? Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks Ryan

KLMinton

Post by KLMinton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 am

He should be medically cleared to fly Labor Day weekend or anytime afterward. We have a pilot here in Etown who is willing to help with transport. If we can't get something lined up, Linda is just going to drive him up the weekend after Labor Day. She would like to see where he's going to be living and meet the lady who will care for him. We do have his own customized wheelchair coming in. He goes to the acupuncture vet today and then I take him to the Physical Therapist and onto another visit to the acupuncture vet on Thursday. We seem to have best results with that. Hopefully he can start hydro therapy this weekend if they clear him. Just being cautious and not wanting to reinjure anything. Will try to post a new photo...he's filling out and starting to get some meat on his little bones. You can no longer see his ribs. :-)

KLMinton

Post by KLMinton » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 am

KLMinton wrote:A very young male pug was hit last Tuesday night by 3 cars. He is now paralyzed in his hind legs, no bladder or bowel control. The Angels Gate Animal Rescue has agreed to take him, and has a neurosurgeon lined up to care for him, but time is of the essence. Franklin (the pug) is being fostered in Elizabethtown, KY. I am willing to drive him to Louisville, or even Cincinnati to hitch a ride asap.

The receiving rescue will be in Raleigh, NC on Wednesday for medical care of three other dogs. This is a Pilots & Paws transport. If we cannot arrange transportation between now and then, they are going to try to layover for fuel in Cincinnati, so this is another option.

This is of the utmost urgency...The sooner we can get this little guy to Angels Gate, the sooner his rehabilitation and therapy can begin and the chances increase that he will regain some, if not all, mobility. You can reach me at 270-735-6823 anytime! Franklin is medium size, weighs approximately 20lbs, and will be traveling in a crate. If there is room, the receiving rescue needs a baby bed for him, which I have and will send.

The urgency of getting him transported has passed. We didn't get him there in time for the medical treatment necessary, but still need to transport him once he's been released by the veterinarian and is cleared for transport. We are looking at Labor Day weekend or after. He is currently on crate rest, but is growing stronger daily.
Attachments
DSC03838.JPG
mandatory crate rest
DSC03838.JPG (145.7 KiB) Viewed 173 times
DSC03839.JPG
taken 08/22/10
DSC03839.JPG (144.12 KiB) Viewed 173 times

KLMinton

Re: CANCEL:Medical Transport Needed Louisville, KY to Oneida

Post by KLMinton » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Ryan, thank you for trying. He hitched a ride w/a friend who was RV-ing to the Poconos, then another lady picked him up and transported him the rest of the way. Thank you for wanting to help him. If you're ever in their area, please stop by and see him and let us know how he's doing. He's a very special little boy...I know his story is just beginning. Blessings...K