*DONE*Winchester,KY to Greenville, SC-Boston Terrier Mix

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

*DONE*Winchester,KY to Greenville, SC-Boston Terrier Mix

Post by suzy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Can you give a ride to Destin, a small Boston Terrier mix? He needs to go from the shelter in Winchester, KY, to rescue in Greenville, SC.
Susie Cobb
H 803-279-8069
C 706-726-2221
[email protected]
Last edited by suzy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aflife24

Re: Winchester,KY to Greenville, SC-Boston Terrier Mix

Post by aflife24 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:43 pm

There is a good possiblity I can do this flight. I was wondering if there were any other pilots you knew willing to meet half way down, in order to shorten my flight a little. Total flight time would be over 5 hours round trip for me. I am based out of cincinnati and can fly south and make pick up at mount sterling montgomery co airport. And fly south to meet another pilot, if possible.

My name is Ryan and hopefully I can be of some help.

Thanks,

Ryan

suzy

Post by suzy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Ryan,
Thank you so much. I have an Asheville, NC, pilot who could possibly do the other half, but I think he is going on vacation the end of this week. Let me check with him. When could you do this? And I know the weather is a problem.
Thanks,
Susie

aflife24

Post by aflife24 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Suzie,
How soon are you looking for the transport?? I can probably do this Saturday if the other pilot is available. Let me know what you find out. Saturday I am free majority of the day and would be willing to help you out with this. Can you please provide some information about the terrier? SIze, weight, if it has a transport cage, if so how big the cage is? I will be flying a smaller plane and am limited on space, but probably have the room. We'll talk more to make sure. Also, weather pending of course. Hopefully it would stay clear for us the day of flight.

Thanks, Ryan

suzy

Post by suzy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Ryan,
I don't think the other pilot will work out. I'm going to search for someone else. What's the souternmost point you are willing to go?
Thanks,
Susie

suzy

Post by suzy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Ryan,
I have a trip in the planning stages now that involves a pilot from Greenville, SC, taking a dog to Nashville, TN, on Saturday. Would it be possible for you to pick up Destin in Winchester, KY, and take him to Nashville, TN, to meet the pilot who would be going back to Greenville on Saturday?

I will call the shelter tomorrow and get the details you asked for. Do you have access to a crate in case the shelter cannot provide one? You can e-mail [email protected] and Debi will overnight you a free crate and harneses.

Thanks,
Susie

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey Suzy and all, just a little clarification regarding the crates. I cannot overnight them but I can send them out UPS the day after I receive the request for one unless it is on the weekend of course. Right now I am waiting on my shipment of crates to arrive, I only have a couple very large ones left right now. I should have the new shipment this week I hope!! Our pilots have been busy which is good!

Debi

WooftownRescue

Post by WooftownRescue » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Hey all
I'm wondering how we can make this work? I have a dog in KY that needs to go to NY...My pilot is flying to Greenville SC on Wednesday though to pick up dogs...can anyone fly my pup from KY to SC? and then I will take over the SC to nY?

aflife24

Post by aflife24 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:56 am

Suzie, I can fly from cincinnati to winchester making the pickup from an airport that is near, then fly south to an airport that is in TENN. Where is this Dogs final sestination? Greenville SC? I don' t have a crate for transport. Any luck on the size and weight of the dog?

aflife24

Post by aflife24 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Suzie,

You have a pilot who is flying from SC to Nashville to make a drop off? and then to make a pick up if I were to get to nashville? I believe I could make that flight. Weather pending, and with room in my plane for the dog. The aircraft I would be flying is small. Russel county near lake cumberland is my destination. If at all possible to have pick up there.