Fenway senior Chow to Vegas !! NEEDS a RIDE to DALLAS !!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
parkyourpaws

Fenway senior Chow to Vegas !! NEEDS a RIDE to DALLAS !!

Post by parkyourpaws » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I am trying to rescue a senior Chow mix that has been abandoned at a boarding facility for months. He is in Charlotte NC and I would like to get him here to my home in Las Vegas NV. His name is Fenway. I know this is a longshot, but this poor baby has been in "jail" for months !! He's 8-9 years old and I would really like to give him a home to live out his golden years :D
UPDATE:
Fenway is the LAST dog to get out of jail at Grateful Pets. Their address is:
Grateful Pets
10317 Rozelles Ferry Rd
Charlotte NC 28214
FENWAY is GASTON dog, we don't want to see him go back there !! Boarding place has threatened to send him back to this shelter :-(
FENWAY can possibly be picked up in Virginia is we can get a commitment. Zip would be 23229
UPDATE...Fenway has a ride to MEMPHIS TN.....
Last edited by parkyourpaws on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

J. Keith Decker

Re: Fenway the Chow X needs to get to Vegas !!

Post by J. Keith Decker » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi. My name is Keith Decker. I live in Rock Hill, SC. and may be able to help on getting Fenway headed west. I could get him to the Memphis area. Other pilots could coordinate from there. I suggest you re-post your request with my reply and ask for help from Memphis west. Good Luck!! Let me know, Keith. (803) 328-2737

parkyourpaws

Post by parkyourpaws » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Thank you so much for the offer Keith. I am checking with the rescue as I know they were trying to work on ground transport too. I will let you know as soon as I hear.
Thank you !!
Ronna

parkyourpaws

Post by parkyourpaws » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Keith, we would love to take you up on your offer to get Fenway from SC to Memphis TN. I will repost the remaining trip or see if they can cover it by ground. Thank you so much. When would you like to make this trip ??
Ronna

jdcpilot

Re: Fenway senior Chow to Vegas !! Got ride to MEMPHIS TN

Post by jdcpilot » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 am

Hi,
What is your time frame? I would suggest you break down the flight to Las Vegas into legs of equal distance. Check for pilots on the route. I might be able to get him a little farther West, like Western AR or Southern MO.
Jim Carney
PNP - Germantown,TN

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Ronna. I spoke w/my friend, Jim Carney in MEM last night and you can see from his post, he is interested in going further west. My time is pretty much my own as I'm retired. I'd like to see if this can be put together by 9-7, 9-8 (Or earlier) Let me know how further arrangements are comming. Best, Keith

parkyourpaws

Re: Fenway senior Chow to Vegas !! NEEDS RIDE TO DALLAS !!

Post by parkyourpaws » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 am

Hi thank you both Keith and Jim !! it sounds like we just need one more flight (to Dallas) and ground transport can pick him up from there. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !! I will adjust my post.

UPDATE: Fenway has a ride to Western AR or Southern MO. Is there someone that can take him to Dallas ?? We have ground transport from Dallas to his new home in Las Vegas !

parkyourpaws

Post by parkyourpaws » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Keith, I also needed to ask you if you are able to pick up Fenway from Charlotte NC or does he need a ride to you in Rock HIll SC ?? I did a Mapquest and it said they were only about 27 miles apart, but wasn't sure where you were flying out of. If you need him to get to you, please let me know, and I will arrange that transport with the rescue ground transport on that end. Thanks, Ronna

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Ronna. It would really help me if transport can bring Fenway to Rock Hill. That way it's one takeoff and landing less. Dosen't sound like much, but I'm looking at about 7:00 hours of flying that day; Rock Hill - MEM and back!! Best, Keith

parkyourpaws

Post by parkyourpaws » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 pm

No problem Keith, already talked to the rescue and her brother or brother in law lives in Rock Hill and can bring the dog to you. Thank you so much for all you do !!
Ronna and Fenway