DONE: Transport needed for Jayne a 80# AmBull to Rescue

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
artsmonster

Re: Transport needed for Jayne a 80# American Bulldog to Res

Post by artsmonster » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Tell you what. If no transport by the weekend of the 4th, I am willing to help foster the dog for two weeks. I have two Goldens, one a rescue dog. The problem will be a foster in LA for the two days or so I will be there for the event. At the very least, you now have another option :P

Art Dreyer
PA28R-200 "Tigger"
561-312-3423

hothar

Post by hothar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:48 pm

That is fantastic. I'm trying to feel them out now to see if they really need her gone or if perhaps she was just having a bad day. If they are ok with holding her till Sept 18th then we'll do that. If not I'll figure out how to get her to you on Sept 4th. I also have some ground feelers out, and am working some other routes so I'll keep everyone updated. In the mean time I'll start working on a foster for NOLA and transport out.

Do you know what your schedule is yet for Nola? When you're leaving that sort of thing?

Thanks so much Art that really makes me feel better!

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:57 am

My wife is pushing for a few days in NOLA as she's never been there. The French Quarter is calling her....go figure. So probably up thursday 16th. Then back on the 18th with a load of puppy dogs :D So, either a foster there for how ever many days to hook up with the other pilot, or I can meet them the morning we arrive on the 16th. You may even be able to locate a pilot going to AZ from the event, so you won't need other legs. Let me know how it's going. Art...

hothar

Post by hothar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 am

Ok. I sent you an email. I'm very interested. However my foster hasn't gotten back to me how urgent she needs Jayne out yet. So let me know if you end up fostering the English Bulldog. I "think" for now my girl is "Safe" but if I can't get something else scheduled I'll have Jayne to you before the 16th and I'll have arranged either an overnight in NOLA or another pilot to fly her to Houston. I just need to make sure with you that if you are also taking the English bulldog that you have room on the trip or are making multiple trips. If not just please let me know. Thanks sooooo much for this!! I think it's really going to make this trip eazier!

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:09 pm

I have a 7 bdrm house, on an acre. It's now just my wife, me and Mariah, and Maggie. So lots of room, and Mariah and Maggie both love to play with other dogs. Plenty of room in the plane. Fairly large cargo compartment. For the NOLA event I'm removing the rear seats, so I'll have plenty of room there as well. There is a pic of my plane and myself here, that Debi took under the South Carolina Bkfst club flyin article. Open the article and scroll down to see the pics. Just keep me up to speed on the need! Art...

hothar

Post by hothar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Great let me know what day you are leaving and when would be the best day to get her to you.

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 am

We'll be leaving on the 16th early morning. We'll need her here on tuesday, the 15th. Or, if they cannot foster the dog till then, I can take her anytime before then. How are the other ends arraingements going? Art...

hothar

Post by hothar » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 am

Couple of my other pilots are also doing the event so now some of my other legs are missing. And I'm still missing Midland to El Paso. Trying to find alternate routes or someone who can do San Antonio to El Paso but that's almost 500 miles.

And thanks I'll probably have them get her to you the previous weekend.

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Hopefully, you will find a pilot thats going that way from the event. You can post another request asking for NOLA to AZ as you won't need any legs from FL to NOLA. As a suggestion, just list the to and from and see what happens. Good luck...Art

hothar

Post by hothar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:54 pm

I've reposted and sent an email to PnP seeing if they knew of someone that was coming from out my way that could just bring her back on their way back. But haven't heard anything. About when do you think you'll be getting into KNEW? I have a rescue that can overnight her in Houston or hold her till the weekend if necessary so I'd like to get her there that night if possible but not sure if that would be cutting it too close or not.