DONE! Very Sick Great Pyrenees Needs EMERGENCY Flight

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wyvonnia

DONE! Very Sick Great Pyrenees Needs EMERGENCY Flight

Post by wyvonnia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 am

Thank you Cate for flying Lucky all the way from KY to NJ !

To: Lincoln Park Airport in Lincoln Park, NJ

Lucky is a very special story indeed. He is a very emaciated (only 45 pounds for his huge frame) and sick from his neglect and abuse.

A lady brought Lucky into the Mercer County Humane Society (her identity is still confidential) saying that he was dumped in her yard. The Humane Society saw his horrific condition and expressed their concern and desire to press criminal charges against the people who could do this to a dog. The lady after hearing this offered to "foster" Lucky but needed dog food. The Humane Society obliged. They said that if she could foster him a few days while rescue was sought, they would appreciate it.

What happened next led to two very long weeks of dismay and shock as the story unfolded.

When Linda with the Humane Society went to this person's home to reclaim Lucky because rescue in NJ had been secured, a man answered the door and said his wife was in the hospital and he gave Lucky away. Linda was horrified because Lucky was in desperate need of medical help, which the rescue in NJ had secured for him.

After involving the authorities, it was still impossible to get these people to disclose what they did with Lucky. After a thorough investigation and coming up empty handed day after day, we decided to take matters into our own hands. We created a flyer and a $1,000 reward was offered for his safe return to the Humane Society. Newspapers and TV stations such as FOX news, WKYT, and several others were contacted and they were kind enough to run Lucky's story.

Here is a link to one of Lucky's stories: http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/100949679.html

After the story ran on the news last night, Linda received several leads but it was a phone call from a gentleman in Danville, KY that interested her the most. It was the property owner of the people who were "fostering" Lucky. After a lengthy conversation, he felt he could help.

The people that pretended to find Lucky were the actual owners of Lucky and were responsible for his severely neglected condition. The woman who said she would foster Lucky took him back home and hid him in a hot barn all this time because they were fearful that if they said it was their dog, they could have criminal charges brought against them. Linda told the Judge, Prosecutor, and land owner that the only way this could be resolved was to have Lucky returned safely to them. This is what happened today. The landowner went and got Lucky and drove him to the Humane Society and now that Lucky has been returned (in worse shape) we need to get him to the rescue in Wayne, NJ (Gentle Giants, Inc.) who are desperate to get him to a medical center and help him recover from his ordeal and his state of starvation as soon as possible. It is impossible to ground transport Lucky as he is extremely weak and it would be too much for him to handle.

I am placing this plea, along with a prayer that there are pilots out there who can work with us in making this crucial journey for Lucky. It will take a few legs but I'm hoping if anyone can volunteer for a certain distance, that can get us started on knowing what other legs will be needed.

Channel 27 news (WKYT) out of Lexington, KY have asked to send a news crew to the airport to film Lucky's departure from Kentucky so they can run it on the nightly news as a 2nd edition to their story from yesterday. Channel 12 in New Jersey will most likely be present for Lucky's arrival with a news crew so they can run his story on their local news. Lucky's story has moved the hearts of many across the nation as people from coast to coast made phone calls, sent emails, searched Craigslist and other forums for dogs that may have been posted as found, plus local volunteers posted flyers everywhere. The list goes on!

I have attached photos of Lucky and here is his flyer from when he was missing (https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bz ... YWNh&hl=en)

If you can assist in any way, please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Wyvonnia Neeley

The sending party is:
Linda Hopper
Board Member & Volunteer
Mercer County Humane Society
132 N Main St, Harrodsburg, KY 40330
Phone: (859) 734- 9500
Cell Number: (859)325-6207
Email: [email protected]
http://mercerhumane.com/

The receiving rescue is:
Candace Bright
Gentle Giants, Inc.
565 Colfax Rd
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone: 973-248-6481
http://www.gentlegiantsinc.org/index2.html
EMAIL: [email protected]
Attachments
IMG_1514.JPG
Lucky being welcomed by Linda Hopper with the Mercer County Humane Society (8/19/10)
IMG_1514.JPG (84.25 KiB) Viewed 321 times
IMG_3610.JPG
Lucky at the Humane Society
IMG_3610.JPG (71.55 KiB) Viewed 321 times
IMG_3613.JPG
Poor Lucky
IMG_3613.JPG (86.37 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Last edited by wyvonnia on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lychonia

Re: Very Sick Great Pyrenees Needs EMERGENCY Flight

Post by lychonia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 am

I could possibly fly today or tomorrow morning. I've sent an email giving my contact information. IFR no problem. I'll file regardless of weather.

Cate
N180PK
N4278S

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 am

Cate,

That would be fabulous. I have a pilot who can fly from Hagerstown, MD to Lincoln Park but not certain how this would connect. Would that work do you think?

Wyvonnia

JAMerritt4
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by JAMerritt4 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 pm

If he can wait until Sat, and if you can get him to Morgantown, WV (MGW,) I can meet there and bring him to N07. That's about 1/2 way ... And them you'll only need two legs.
Jack Merritt

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Jack, I sure do appreciate that. Cate is able to fly Lucky tomorrow the entire distance from KY to NJ and if something happens the flight does not happen, due to heavy fog or something else, unforeseen, your help on Saturday will be much appreciated. I will post on here tomorrow if everything goes successfully. Thank you very much.

Wyvonnia