WEST PALM BEACH, FL. (33406)TO KENNER, LA.(70062) AUG 28/29

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
BBilliot

Re: WEST PALM BEACH, FL. (33406)TO KENNER, LA.(70062) AUG 28

Post by BBilliot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:42 pm

No problem. I'm going to see if they have one in his size at the clinic so it will be there for you already. If they don't, then I will order one or buy one and have it sent directly to you.

Becca

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Becca, I picked up Tommy this morning for you. He has some medication for an eye thing, and is chipped but they didn't say anything about shots. He has a collar thats decent, but no leash. Not knowing his shot status, not sure how you want to proceed here. I can keep him isolated in the cargo comp, and the other dogs in economy :D but if you could let me know his health status please? He came out of quaranteen OK, but they didn't know his status either. Give me a call please, and let me know whats up.

Art Dreyer
PA28R-200 "Tigger"
561-312-3423

BBilliot

Post by BBilliot » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi Art,

Thanks so much for picking him up. The shelter administered those shots before he left along with the chip, neuter, and a few other things. I will get every detail tomorrow and call you. Also, I picked up a collar and leash for him today and will be sending it on Monday to your address. I knew he had an eye issue - conjunctivitis is what we are thinking. It's common in the breed. You can look for my call after noon tomorrow as I don't want to all too early on a weekend. However, feel free to call me earlier if it's convenient for you :)

Thanks again,
Becca
(504) 281-3289

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Keeping everyone posted. I did get all the records for Tommy, and medication for his conjunctivitis. Both dogs will have seperate crates. He does have a nice collar, so just a leash if you are sending one. He is a very nice dog. Very lovable, docile. No problem getting along with my two goldens. He has been abused at some point. If you try to pat him on the head too fast, he flinches. He snores like an overworked truck driver. Great with kids. He's a good dog. Departing at 9am, eastern, Thursday, 16th. 4 hours flight time, and add an hour for a fuel, potty stop brings us into KNEW around 1 pm central. Tail #1118X See Ya in NAWLENS! Art...

BBilliot

Post by BBilliot » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:06 am

Great news ! I am so excited to meet him and as far as the abuse, I will teach him how to trust again and know that he will never have to be hit on anymore. You should receive the leash & collar by Saturday (11th). I have the tracking number and will let you know if its early or later than that date so you will know to look for it.
As far as I know, I will be getting Jayne off, too, and reloading her on her flight to TX. with a new pilot or bringing her to boarding if our lovely LA. weather kicks in.
Thanks so much for all of your help. Without you, it wouldn't have went nearly as smooth and probably not even possible !

Becca

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 am

No problem at all. I did recieve a call about Jayne. The pilot needs her there by 3pm central, or a foster will be needed. I'm pretty sure, (as long as weather and unplanned delays play along) we should be in around 1 your time. See you then!!