dog rescue transport Louisiana to nw fl

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jjmqhorse

dog rescue transport Louisiana to nw fl

Post by jjmqhorse » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

DONE!!!!!!!!St martinville, LA to Milton FL... A death row JRT, very pregnant at this time euth date Monday the 30th. DONE!!!!!!
Last edited by jjmqhorse on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjaflys

Re: dog rescue transport Louisiana to nw fl

Post by rjaflys » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I am very new to this. This would be my first transport. What is a JRT. How large. Weather in the area is IFR today and not expected to be much better tomorrow. If the animal is not too large to fit in my RV-6A, and someone could foster her until the weather improves, I would do this ride. Bob.

jjmqhorse

Post by jjmqhorse » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:28 pm

GREAT! A JRT is a Jack Russel Terrier, she weighs about 12 lbs so she's just a little girl. She is on the "euth list" for Monday if I don't speak for her tomorrow so you are a true lifesaver! She will be "vetted" shots and stuff so that will take a couple days anyway. I will get with my contact there and get everything started so she will be ready for you when the weather improves! You don't know how happy you have made me and I'm sure "Jasmine" will give you a kiss if you let her! I will try to email you a picture of her. Thank you so much, Judy Mack

rjaflys

Post by rjaflys » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Judy, just let me know when she is ready. I'll keep an eye on the weather. Nothing but rain and thunderstorms here the last few days and I guess you are getting pretty much the same thing. What is the closest airport to your home? Bob.

jjmqhorse

Post by jjmqhorse » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:11 am

I will let you know when she is ready. I sure hope this rain stops soon! we are going to need webbed feet soon... Nearest airport to me is in Milton. Just a grass strip unless it's been upgraded. I will check on it tomorrow and get you the address/gps or whatever you need. I will also get w/my contact in LA to find that one out too!

Edd

Post by Edd » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:12 am

Bob, I fly out of Milton and the airport is 2R4. It looks like the closest airport to St Martinville, LA is New Iberia, ARA. Depending on timing of your flight I could meet you if Milton is to far for you to travel. Ed

jjmqhorse

Post by jjmqhorse » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 am

you guys are great! Now I just have to make sure the dog gets ready! Thanks!

Thank you so much Bob! Mickey has settled in and is loving life here on the "farm"!
Last edited by jjmqhorse on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjaflys

Post by rjaflys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Ed, thanks for the offer but I should be able to make Milton with no trouble. I spoke to the FBO there and they advise that it is a 3700 ft. paved runway. The only problem for now is the weather, but it looks like it may improve towards the weekend if the hurricanes go where they are forcast to. If something changes I will get back to you. Bob.

rjaflys

Post by rjaflys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Judy, looks like the closest airport that I would be able to use to St. Martinville is the Acadiana Regional Airport in New Iberia, La. It is about 9 miles from St. Martinville. You might want to send me a personal e-mail at [email protected] so I can give you my cell phone number and we can discuss my picking up Jasmine. I might have to make a mad dash if the weather clears here. Bob.