DONE! Only 1st Leg Needed! TN to NJ (Great Pyr Girl)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wyvonnia

DONE! Only 1st Leg Needed! TN to NJ (Great Pyr Girl)

Post by wyvonnia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Thank you Chris, Jim and Ken for flying this girl to NJ.

From Clarksville, TN to to Lincoln Park Airport in Wayne, NJ

A 9-10 month old Great Pyrenees Girl was hit by a car a few weeks ago and lost the use of her back leg.

She landed in the Christian County Animal Shelter in Hopkinsville, KY Animal Shelter after someone found her as a stray. This is a high kill shelter and we had to move quickly to get her out. We found rescue for her in Wayne, NJ with Gentle Giants, Inc. (the rescue who saved Lucky, the emaciated Pyr). This adorable girl cannot use her back leg at all nor can she be placed in a kennel. She is in great pain and needs her leg either amputated or repaired if possible. The vet who will do this is in New Jersey. We considered ground transportation but because of her injury, she doesn’t even want to get into a car (which I cannot blame her). This is when I knew that air transport was the only way we were going to be able get her to the vet hospital in New Jersey who can assess her leg.

I know it might take a couple of legs, but I'm hoping someone will be available to help.

My most sincere thanks to all of you.

Wyvonnia Neeley

Sending Rescue for Young Injured Pyr:

Sharon "Andee"Anderson
Mid-South Great Pyrenees Rescue
Cumberland Furnace, TN 37051
615-789-6054
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/greatpyrs.html
Email Address: [email protected]

The receiving rescue is:

Candace Bright
Gentle Giants, Inc.
565 Colfax Rd
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone: 973-248-6481
http://www.gentlegiantsinc.org/index2.html
EMAIL: [email protected]
Injured Pyr Girl.jpg
Injured Pyr Girl (hit by car)
Injured Pyr Girl.jpg (141.87 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Last edited by wyvonnia on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pilotmike
Zip Code: 38544
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSRB
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: TN to NJ (Great Pyr Girl) Needs Medical Help in NJ

Post by pilotmike » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Weather permitting, I could fly her this weekend from Hagerstown MD (KHGR) or thereabouts to Lincoln Park NJ (N07) if someone can handle the first 2 legs (eg Clarksburg to Huntington, Huntington to Hagerstown)
Michael

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Thank you Michael! I sure hope others will be able to pick up the first couple of legs. What a blessing that would be for this girl.

Wyvonnia

paulcox

Post by paulcox » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:41 am

I'd be willing to do leg 2 either Sun or Mon. In fact, if I went a little farther west than Huntington, to Mt Sterling KY (IOB), that would leave only 185 nm for the first leg. SS fuel at Mt Sterling is $4.29. Would also prefer to trade off at Winchester, VA (OKV), my home base. Paul Cox 540-668-6862. Will the dog be on pain meds?

wyvonnia

Post by wyvonnia » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Paul, that is wonderful. Thank you so much! Now all we need is leg one and hopefully that will come through soon. That is very generous of you to fly such a long leg. Yes, this girl will definitely be on pain meds. I will send out an email seeing if anyone is available to fly from TN to KY.