DONE!!! Van Nuys CA to Tucson AZ -- 2 pitties

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
AndrewW

Re: Van Nuys CA to Tucson AZ -- 2 pitties

Post by AndrewW » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Can't do Friday, but pushed the paint shop back a day, so my wife and I will be flying out Saturday. I'll measure the airplane in the morning to ensure both crates will fit and get the back seats removed. We'll do the flight Saturday then deliver the airplane to the paint shop on Sunday.

Hope this still works!
Thanks,
Andrew

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:56 pm

YES! That will be great! Thank you. About what time do you plan to leave on Saturday?

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 pm

I'll be at Van Nuys at about 9:00am, you can track me on www.flightaware.com on the private flight tracker (left hand side under private flight tracker) using my tail number N5331V

That will show you when we took off and where we are. Do you want me to text you just before we depart?

-Andrew

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Wow! No, thanks, you don't have to text me before you take off. I just want to know what time to have the dogs there and where you'll be taking off from. If you are leaving at 9am, we need to get the dogs there by 8am??? What do you think? This is the first time I've ever coordinated this so not sure of the timeframe. Someone else will be taking the dogs to the airport, so I need to give that person all the details.

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Andrew, can I please have your phone number? Just in case we need to contact you. Thanks! I sent you a previous post too -- about exactly where to meet you tomorrow and exactly what time. If you need to call me to discuss: 805-432-0099. Thanks!!

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Have a problem, with the backseat out the cargo area is 27" wide, 40" long, and better than 36" high (comes down the further aft you go) Where the front seats are, it's 32" wide, but then tapers off as it goes back into the normal cargo area, all the way down to 27" wide.

Any thoughts? Also going to see if I can get my wife to find a collapsable crate that we can install in the airplane for these flights, but then not sure what we can do with the two crates you have to get them to Tucson. Also, not sure we can find one in state on short notice.

Anyway, thoughts? Are they friendly good car riders we can keep out of the crate?

Let me know, thanks!
Andrew

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Andrew, can you please call me? It will just be easier to talk on the phone. 805-432-0099. But if you can't call....this is what comes to mind to me at first: aren't the dimensions still OK? Or are are you saying that you could only fit one crate in the back??? Not sure what you mean. If we use one crate, are you saying that it would be ok with you if one dog was not crated????

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Also, PLEASE tell me what time you need the dogs there and where to meet you. In the past, our transporter has met the pilot at the "Signature Aviation" building -- is that ok????

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Signature is fine, I'm in a class now, will call on break, my number is 480-313-0303. If your transporter can meet us there about 9:00am, that'll be our approx arrival time, will need to get fuel, bathroom break, etc... then launch about 9:30, but if they meet us at Signature at 9:00-9:15, that'll be fine.

I'll call you during our break.

-Andrew

snickerbocker

Post by snickerbocker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Andrew, not sure if you'll be checking posts tonight but just wanted to confirm with you that we'll see you at the Sig Aviation builidng between 10:30 and 10:45am. Turns out that my husband and I will be transporting one of the dogs to the airport so I'll get a chance to meet you! THANKS again for everything. I'm so excited and happy to be part of this. :)