DONE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ksarc

DONE

Post by ksarc » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Why is it so hard to get transports to save lives....We have posted up 2 that need to go and NO-ONE replies...Are we doing something wrong by trying to save lives....We have one SPCA at 14701 that will take 13 puppies and another SPCA that will that puppies at Lakeland FL Yes I know the Gluf Coast is important but we are trying to save lives also HANK
Last edited by ksarc on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Why is it so Hard

Post by sowens333 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Have you tried emailing pilots directly? Many individuals are unable to check the website daily for new requests. This trip is over 600 NM, so you will likely need more than one pilot. Keep in mind this is a volunteer website, and the pilots are not only volunteering their time, but the cost for the flight.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Hank,

I am based in Knoxville, TN and have transported many animals to Jamestown. One of the greatest problems we have is we lack pilots where we need them the most. Sarah has also pointed out another very important issue and that is the distance. There are very few of us that have done transports to KJHW or that area.

We are working very hard and constantly to encourage more pilots to volunteer and as the number of available pilots grows requests such as yours are more likely to be filled. But again to echo Sarah's comments our pilots are volunteers not only of their time, but of the very expensive use of their planes.

Having said that I can tell you that you need to be persistent. Don't give up. As you do succeed in putting transports together you will form relationships with pilots. Once you and pilots develop relationships (we are all doing this for the same reason) it is difficult to say no to requests. Good luck.

msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by msankaran » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I am based in Columbus, OH. If we could split this transport into two legs, with another pilot being willing to fly the dogs from Poplar Bluff to Dayton, OH, or even Cincinnati, OH, I could pick them up there and take them to Jamestown. I urge other PnP pilots based in MO to reply to this post to see whether we can work together to get this transport done. Thanks.

Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 am

Hank,
as you know, I have flown for you before.
Jon is right. It is hard for many pilots to fly from MO to Jamestown, NY. Also, we need more pilots to join PNP. I did respond to you suggesting setting up a relay. It looks like the pilot who will meet someone in Ohio is your first good offer. If you can wait until after the 20th, I can help by flying from Covington, TN to Poplar Bluff and flying a load of puppies to meet the other pilot in OH. Meeting place can be figured out later. I have used Circleville, OH , CYO many times.
Hope this helps,
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP

msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by msankaran » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 am

Hank,
Would it be possible for you to repost your transport needs and how much flexibility you have with the timing of the transport? Then Jim and I (any other pilots willing to jump in) could work together to try to get this done. Thanks.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

lizsyring

Post by lizsyring » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:51 am

Hank,
I urge you to be persistent and definitely email all the pilots along the route. Do you know how to use the map with your route plotted and all the volunteers along your trip? I've found the pilots extremely supportive if you email them directly. In fact many pilots will respond back and apologized if their plane is being repaired!! And again, don't forget these pilots are donating their valuable time and use of their planes, including expensive fuel costs.
Call me if you need help locating the email information on the pilots.

Liz Syring
860-796-8666

ksarc

Post by ksarc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:12 pm

I relize that the pilots donate everything and I can't tell you how much that means to all of us in this rescue bussness..It just get to me when I can't save lives and God knows this is a tough area to get animals out of..I don't mean to sound like I don't appreciate everything these ANGELS OF MERCY do for all the animals they have saved Hank

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hank,
I will be out of town until after the 20th. When I get back, we can start getting your rescue flights organized.
Will email you when I get back,
Jim Carney
Germantown, TN
901-496-0768

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Maybe I'm having a bad day. But I found this to be insulting. We are volunteers, doing the best we can. Here two months, making a pretty long flight request and insinuating we don't care? This organization has saved thousands of animals. We just can't save them all. If a pilot was not avail the times he needs it, we're sorry. However the efforts of many, like Debi, Jon, Jeff Bennett and others are appreciated by the thousands they WERE able to save. The mention of the Gulf Coast event, in which 100 at least will be saved was especially insulting as if it didn't matter. So, OK I got up on the wrong side of the bed. However we DO care. I can suggest a local airport where flight training is available if Hank wants to learn to fly.
Last edited by artsmonster on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.