DONE 3 puppies from Fayetteville, NC to Long Island NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Colleen
Zip Code: 11930
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

DONE 3 puppies from Fayetteville, NC to Long Island NY

Post by Colleen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 pm

I have 3 puppies (maybe just 2) need to go from a foster home in Fayetteville, NC up to Long Island NY. I put down Bro but anywhere on the island will do (East Hampton, Brookhaven, etc). The picture below is of Rose and Penny and they are the 2 that really need to be moved. The third is Hooch, a small (15 lb) hound mix puppy. Please let me know if you can help me get these babies up to NY. As always, thanks. Colleen
Attachments
A Penny and Rose.jpg
A Penny and Rose.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Last edited by Colleen on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmerski

Re: 3 puppies from Fayetteville, NC to Long Island NY

Post by pmerski » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:49 pm

I have a small light sport plane. I can fit a cat carrier in it. Will they fit into a carrier? If not, will one? My passenger may be able to hold the second. I'm based in Maryland. I would be willing to fly the whole distance. Let me know. Thanks.

Pete

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks Pete, I have contacted the foster mom to find out. I am sure one can but want to be 100% sure. When could you do this? Colleen

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Pete, Belita said that the cat carrier she has that will fit both puppies is 15 high, 24 deep and 16 wide. Will that fit in the plane? Colleen

pmerski

Post by pmerski » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I believe it will, have to measure plane. Nikki and I could fly down Sunday and pick them up. We may have to keep them a day or two, to make the next leg to NY. Are they healthy and have had shots? We have a dog and just wanted to make sure. I'm also a VFR pilot. I can't fly in the clouds, so it will have to be weather dependent. My cell is 301-873-8793. Thanks.

Pete

pmerski

Post by pmerski » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Just talked to Nikki. She had measured the plane before and the cat carrier should fit.

Pete

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 am

Thank you so very much. And yes, both dogs have had their shots and are healthy. They were dumped at a vet's office and the vet was going to send them to AC (go figure, what kind of vet would do that) but one of the employee's is a volunteer of mine and we took them. They have never been exposed to parvo. Do you want me to see about getting a flight from Va to NY? If you can hold them and bring them up for the second leg, that is great. If it is easier you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks Colleen