Quincy, Illinois (UIN) to Milwaukee, WI (Puppy Mill Yorkie)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wyvonnia

Quincy, Illinois (UIN) to Milwaukee, WI (Puppy Mill Yorkie)

Post by wyvonnia » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:20 pm

This transport begins in Lee's Summit, MO. Sarah has offered to fly this pup from Lee's Summit, MO to Quincy, Illinois, (UIN). This takes care of leg 1.

Now we just need leg 2, which would be Quincy, IL to Milwaukee, WI. If anyone can assist, that would be terrific. Thank you!

Sasha is a Yorkie/Havanese mix that weighs 12 pounds and is fully vetted. She is a puppy mill dog and very scared of the new world around her, now that she isn't living in a tiny cramped cage 24/7.

Because Sasha is so frightened, she is considered a flight risk. Most ground transporters don't like to transport dogs like Sasha because many drivers, even though very goodhearted and helpful, may be inexperienced in handling a flight risk. The sending rescue has determined that the fewer people that handle Sasha, the less terrified she will be and the better chance she has of arriving safely at her new home in Wisconsin. This is why she has turned to Pilot N Paws for help.

For this transport, Sasha would be in a travel crate the entire time, thus preventing any flight risk and the crate will provide a sense of security to her. This looks to be about 380 nautical miles, so hopefully, it will only take one leg to do the trip.

Thank you for the help.

Wyvonnia

Sending Rescue:
Chasity Ortiz
15609 Terry Avenue
Belton, MO 64012
[email protected]
cell phone: 816-506-0378

Airports close to Chasity are Lees Summit, MO (KLXT) and Olathe, KS (KOJC).

Receiving Party:
Mary Hall
2410 Camelot Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045
[email protected]
phone: 262-744-9651

Airports closest to Mary are Lawrence J Timmerman in Milwaukee, WI and Waukesha County Airport in Waukesha, WI
Last edited by wyvonnia on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Lee's Summit, MO to Brookfield, WI (Puppy Mill Yorkie)

Post by sowens333 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Wyvonnia, I am trying to coordinate another rescue out of OJC that needs to get to Ohio. My plan was to fly to Quincy, Illinois, (UIN), and meet another pilot there who would fly the second leg to Ohio. If you could find a pilot from Wisconsin to meet me at UIN I could help with this transport. I know that you really only want a single pilot, but I'm unable to make the full flight with my previous committment with the other rescue flight. Let me know if this would help.
Sarah
[email protected]

wyvonnia

Re: Lee's Summit, MO to Brookfield, WI (Puppy Mill Yorkie)

Post by wyvonnia » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Hey Sarah!

That sounds great. I'll amend the request asking for an IL to WI leg. Thank you so much!

Wy

8324T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSUS
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Quincy, Illinois (UIN) to Milwaukee, WI (Puppy Mill York

Post by 8324T » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:52 pm

What is the proposed date for this transport, or is it flexible?
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T
Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)

ltiii

Re: Quincy, Illinois (UIN) to Milwaukee, WI (Puppy Mill York

Post by ltiii » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi Wy,

I just spoke with Sarah. I can coordinate with her on the second leg from Quincy to Waukesha. I am based in Kenosha, so I'd prefer to deliver there, but I can go to Waukesha if necessary.

Larry

[email protected]